Posted to alt.home.repair
Bennett Price

Default accessories for my air compressor?

I believe, but am not sure, that the vacuum that the Harbor Freight
units can pull, 28.3", is totally inadequate to properly evacuate
an A/C system. Take a look at the Temp, " Hg., micron chart at
http://www.robinair.com/acsolutions/...m/acvacuum.php

A good vacuum pump is in the double-triple digits of microns

Ignoramus19605 wrote:
You can buy a $14 venturi vacuum pump from Harbor Freight, although I
would not recommend it. Real vacuum pumps can be bought for not too
much. I bought my Sargent Welch Duo Seal for $39.

On 7 May 2006 20:06:31 -0700, johnnyzero wrote:
Hi,

I'm juta dumb homeowner, so please be patient & excuse any ignorane on
my part.

I use my handy-dandy Craftsman 150psi air compressor for lotsa things
around the house. I'm wondering if anyone makes attachment to:

1) allow it to run a light-duty liquid pump - for pumping small
quantities of water or whatever.

2) turn the compressor into a reasonably-powered vacuum pump - for
"dry" applcations like evacuationg a/c systems or watever.

I'm sure I've seen these accessories before, but now that I need 'em of
course I can't find 'em.Anyhelp will be MUCH appreciated!

best,
JohnB