Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C.

Default Double door question...

Pricing steel double doors to replace the disintegrating hollow core
pair some idiot before me put in the side of the shop.

Basic steel doors, either flush or 6 panel stamped, no threshold. It
seems they are going for around $400 for the factory double unit vs. the
$210 or so for a left and right pair of single doors stuck together.
Seems absurdly overpriced to me since the pair of single doors has 99%
the same materials.

Since this is just for a shop I don't see any reason I shouldn't just
get the two single doors and mate them together for the $25 or so in
extra hardware it will require and save the $150+.

Thoughts?

Pete C.