Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Used the interior primer on the exterior of my house.

There are several different types of KILZ. There is an exterior and an
interior type, and I used the interior type on the exterior of the
house.

I replaced some rotten wood siding on the outside of my house. I
mistakenly primed it with Kilz INTERIOR Oil based primer. I am
eventually going to paint this with some exterior latex. What should I
do to correct for my mistake?

Posted to alt.home.repair

call the manufacturer and ask for advice, its probably not a problem...

Posted to alt.home.repair

It simply won't be a problem. At one time that was all Kilz made. It
is simply some grade of shellace cut to about 2# and then some (zinc
oxide?) added for solids to hide the stains.

Just paint as usual. If you are in doubt, paint it with another coat
than the rest of your house.

Robert

Posted to alt.home.repair
Colbyt

wrote in message
oups.com...
There are several different types of KILZ. There is an exterior and an
interior type, and I used the interior type on the exterior of the
house.

I replaced some rotten wood siding on the outside of my house. I
mistakenly primed it with Kilz INTERIOR Oil based primer. I am
eventually going to paint this with some exterior latex. What should I
do to correct for my mistake?

I agree that most likely it won't be a problem but do get a top coat on it
sooner rather than later. Most primers do not have the UV resistance of
finish paints and I would imagine that an interior one has little or none.

Colbyt

Posted to alt.home.repair

I called KILZ. The guy there said that it would crack sooner and
recommended that I re prime it with KILZ exterior. I don't know if I
am going to go to the trouble to do that or not.

House sale lynd UK diy 14 March 11th 06 06:40 PM
Speedfit technique Arthur UK diy 615 November 23rd 04 11:50 PM
A challenge for old house lovers Mike Mitchell UK diy 322 September 30th 04 12:29 AM
Contacting contractor to buy our house? (Long) Cina Home Ownership 4 March 4th 04 04:31 AM
House Moisture JAG Home Repair 6 August 29th 03 06:53 PM