Posted to alt.home.repair
Philip Lewis

Default Barking Dogs and how to stop them

"Doug Kanter" writes:
Wasn't there some wood you needed to cut with a circular saw, every day for
the next 3 years, at 6:00 AM?

heh... that's a thought, but i'd have to be up at 6am to do that.

I've thought of taking up the bagpipes.... seriously.
I am a novice throat singer, and have considered that,
but a dog's throat is made to bark all day/night... mine isn't.

The dog owner woman has weed-whacked at around 7am.... I suggested to
her that she might want to wait till later in the day. She seemed
suprised to think that other folks might not keep her hours.
I think the problem is that she just doesn't think.

(I know her political stance, and that just reinforces my opinion.

--
May no harm befall you,
flip

Posted to alt.home.repair
xmm

Oh, it's simple. Just shoot it with water whenever it decides to bark.
It'll learn real quick that it's better to keep quiet than to get
fired with water and be wet for a while.

This is my solution after a year of putting up with it. I've called
the neighbors, then animal control who issued a warning. That was six
months ago. They kept it a little quieter for a while, but recently
it's been barking on and off regularly and again driving us nuts. The
neighbors obviously don't care, so take matters into your own hands. A
stream of water is cheap and readily available (garden hose with
nozle), evaporates (so they won't know if they're not home), harmless,
and very effective.

good luck