Posted to alt.home.repair
gdk01315

Default sink won't drain

I have a sink in our bathroom that won't drain. I've ran a snake through
it at least 10 feet and nothing seems to be blocking it. Seems like the
snake reaches the main drain without any blockage. Could there be another
problem. A neighbor mentioned a possible air vacuum block?

thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try a plunger.
Fill the sink half full and plunge with vigor.
TB

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"gdk01315" noreply@ wrote in message
news:46f32d73b2cf54ccd1c6cf05fc54f026@homerepairli ve.com...
I have a sink in our bathroom that won't drain. I've ran a snake through
it at least 10 feet and nothing seems to be blocking it. Seems like the
snake reaches the main drain without any blockage. Could there be another
problem. A neighbor mentioned a possible air vacuum block?

thanks.

Have you tried plunging it? There are smaller versions of toilet plungers
made to fit over sink drains. You have to block the overflow holes with a
wet cloth while doing this. And, did this problem just begin?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Try using a shop vac on it.
See if it gurgles when you flush a toilet if you think the vent is
clogged or non existant.