DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   sink won't drain (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/153731-sink-wont-drain.html)

gdk01315 April 17th 06 05:00 PM

sink won't drain

I have a sink in our bathroom that won't drain. I've ran a snake through
it at least 10 feet and nothing seems to be blocking it. Seems like the
snake reaches the main drain without any blockage. Could there be another
problem. A neighbor mentioned a possible air vacuum block?

thanks.

[email protected] April 17th 06 05:06 PM

sink won't drain

Try a plunger.
Fill the sink half full and plunge with vigor.
TB

Doug Kanter April 17th 06 05:11 PM

sink won't drain

"gdk01315" noreply@ wrote in message
news:46f32d73b2cf54ccd1c6cf05fc54f026@homerepairli ve.com...
I have a sink in our bathroom that won't drain. I've ran a snake through
it at least 10 feet and nothing seems to be blocking it. Seems like the
snake reaches the main drain without any blockage. Could there be another
problem. A neighbor mentioned a possible air vacuum block?

thanks.

Have you tried plunging it? There are smaller versions of toilet plungers
made to fit over sink drains. You have to block the overflow holes with a
wet cloth while doing this. And, did this problem just begin?

[email protected] April 17th 06 06:38 PM

sink won't drain

Try using a shop vac on it.
See if it gurgles when you flush a toilet if you think the vent is
clogged or non existant.