Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default 3/4" sheetrock screws

Awl--

They indeed exist--in both coarse and fine thread. Very handy thing to have
around. Their main use, fwiu, is so that the screw tip does not poke thru
3/4" wood, etc., as happens w/ 1" screws.

Very hard item to find, esp. the fine thread, but I am, after having
searched high and low for nigh-on 10 years, picking up a few pounds from a
very good hardware store in Mt Vernon, NY, which reluctantly ordered them
for me, as now, the owner says, he will be "stuck" w/ the balance.
He already carries the 3/4" course.

fwiw.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:41:31 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Awl--

They indeed exist--in both coarse and fine thread. Very handy thing to have
around. Their main use, fwiu, is so that the screw tip does not poke thru
3/4" wood, etc., as happens w/ 1" screws.

Very hard item to find, esp. the fine thread, but I am, after having
searched high and low for nigh-on 10 years, picking up a few pounds from a
very good hardware store in Mt Vernon, NY, which reluctantly ordered them
for me, as now, the owner says, he will be "stuck" w/ the balance.
He already carries the 3/4" course.

If you were a real man, you'd buy the whole box from the store. Then
you would package them in boxes of 25 screws and sell them on Ebay as
a BUY IT NOW for $5.99 and charge $24.99 shipping and handling.
But I guess you're not a REAL MAN !!!

fwiw.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Hilarious.
And not far off base, re ebay. I hate ebay, altho I spose it does serve a
purpose.

I may very well buy the whole box (25 bleeping pounds!!!). Proly my
hardware guy will give them to me at near-cost, just to get rid of them--and
me!
Then, all my friends will come over and say, Gee, I never saw those, can I
have ""a few""??

25 lbs will be gone in no time.

Just like how my friend-count increased by a factor of 10 after I got my
pickup truck. All of a sudden, my neighbors started talkin to me! Hey,
nice truck.....
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
news
wrote:

Awl--

They indeed exist--in both coarse and fine thread. Very handy thing to
have
around. Their main use, fwiu, is so that the screw tip does not poke thru
3/4" wood, etc., as happens w/ 1" screws.

Very hard item to find, esp. the fine thread, but I am, after having
searched high and low for nigh-on 10 years, picking up a few pounds from a
very good hardware store in Mt Vernon, NY, which reluctantly ordered them
for me, as now, the owner says, he will be "stuck" w/ the balance.
He already carries the 3/4" course.

If you were a real man, you'd buy the whole box from the store. Then
you would package them in boxes of 25 screws and sell them on Ebay as
a BUY IT NOW for $5.99 and charge $24.99 shipping and handling.
But I guess you're not a REAL MAN !!!

fwiw.

Posted to alt.home.repair
sylvan butler

On Thu, 13 Apr 2006 09:38:46 -0400, Proctologically Violated©® wrote:
Just like how my friend-count increased by a factor of 10 after I got my
pickup truck. All of a sudden, my neighbors started talkin to me! Hey,
nice truck.....

Must be on one of those little city lots... To gain friends, move
someplace with a bit of landscaping and buy a small tractor with a
bucket and a blade...

sdb
sdbuse1 on mailhost bigfoot.com
Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default Even more sheetrock screws! [ 3/4" sheetrock screws

Picked up my 3/4" fine thread today.

But get this:
This store also has *1 1/8"* sheetrock screws--in both coarse and fine!!
Also has 2 1/4".
He says this will be the last of the 1 1/8, as almost no one buys them!

This store, in Westchester, NY, is among the last of the old-style hardware
stores (at least in these here parts) where a UPC code is actually hard to
find! All the screws (sheetrock) are loose in 10,000 pc boxes, and you
weigh'em out. All the screws are the same price per pound, up to 3".

Without too much exaggeration, Home Despot will put a single nut (etc) in a
UPC'd sealed plastic baggy, and charge you 10x the price of a normal
old-style hardware store.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Awl--

They indeed exist--in both coarse and fine thread. Very handy thing to
have around. Their main use, fwiu, is so that the screw tip does not poke
thru 3/4" wood, etc., as happens w/ 1" screws.

Very hard item to find, esp. the fine thread, but I am, after having
searched high and low for nigh-on 10 years, picking up a few pounds from a
very good hardware store in Mt Vernon, NY, which reluctantly ordered them
for me, as now, the owner says, he will be "stuck" w/ the balance.
He already carries the 3/4" course.

fwiw.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll

Posted to alt.home.repair
ameijers

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Picked up my 3/4" fine thread today.

But get this:
This store also has *1 1/8"* sheetrock screws--in both coarse and fine!!
Also has 2 1/4".
He says this will be the last of the 1 1/8, as almost no one buys them!

This store, in Westchester, NY, is among the last of the old-style

hardware
stores (at least in these here parts) where a UPC code is actually hard to
find! All the screws (sheetrock) are loose in 10,000 pc boxes, and you
weigh'em out. All the screws are the same price per pound, up to 3".

Without too much exaggeration, Home Despot will put a single nut (etc) in

UPC'd sealed plastic baggy, and charge you 10x the price of a normal
old-style hardware store.

I hear ya. Last bulk pack store around here was Tractor Supply, and when
they moved, even they went to baggies for part of the stuff.
I'm too damn young to be an old fart about stuff like this, but I miss the
wood-floor ma'n'pa hardware I used back in the days when I rode a bicycle to
get there....

aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Hiphop, RealityTV, and UPC codes are the death knell of society as we knew
it.
Oh, and kids suing their parents.

Home Despot (and their ilk) are just salt in the wound.
Yet Bob Nardelli (ceo of HD), declared on Charlie Rose that HD is pert near
the savior of our society.
And Charlie swallowed--so to speak.
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
"ameijers" wrote in message

[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

"Proctologically Violated©®" wrote in message
Hiphop, RealityTV, and UPC codes are the death knell of society as we knew
it.
Oh, and kids suing their parents.

Home Despot (and their ilk) are just salt in the wound.
Yet Bob Nardelli (ceo of HD), declared on Charlie Rose that HD is pert

near
the savior of our society.
And Charlie swallowed--so to speak.
--

Don't get me started on Bob Nardelli. He took a company that ws doing real
good under Bernie and Arthur and the stock hasn't been the same.

He's a Jack Welch reject, don'tcha know?