Posted to alt.home.repair
Proctologically Violated©®

Default 3/4" sheetrock screws

Hilarious.
And not far off base, re ebay. I hate ebay, altho I spose it does serve a
purpose.

I may very well buy the whole box (25 bleeping pounds!!!). Proly my
hardware guy will give them to me at near-cost, just to get rid of them--and
me!
Then, all my friends will come over and say, Gee, I never saw those, can I
have ""a few""??

25 lbs will be gone in no time.

Just like how my friend-count increased by a factor of 10 after I got my
pickup truck. All of a sudden, my neighbors started talkin to me! Hey,
nice truck.....
--
Mr. P.V.'d
formerly Droll Troll
wrote in message
news
On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 21:41:31 -0400, "Proctologically Violated©®"
wrote:

Awl--

They indeed exist--in both coarse and fine thread. Very handy thing to
have
around. Their main use, fwiu, is so that the screw tip does not poke thru
3/4" wood, etc., as happens w/ 1" screws.

Very hard item to find, esp. the fine thread, but I am, after having
searched high and low for nigh-on 10 years, picking up a few pounds from a
very good hardware store in Mt Vernon, NY, which reluctantly ordered them
for me, as now, the owner says, he will be "stuck" w/ the balance.
He already carries the 3/4" course.

If you were a real man, you'd buy the whole box from the store. Then
you would package them in boxes of 25 screws and sell them on Ebay as
a BUY IT NOW for $5.99 and charge $24.99 shipping and handling.
But I guess you're not a REAL MAN !!!

fwiw.