Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Default How many Amps for a Dual Electric Oven?

I'm looking into a Jenair Dual Fuel/Dual Oven Range (JDR8895A). Though
when we ran the Electrical we just figured on a regular oven and used a #10
and a 30Amp Breaker.

I've tried asking Jenair/Maytag Customer Service how many amps it draws and
they said it would work if I had 120/240v 50Hz. Even though the Web Form I
filled out said I was in the US.

Thanks,
Scott-

Posted to alt.home.repair
RBM

contact the place where you are purchasing the oven from and get the
amperage

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
m...
I'm looking into a Jenair Dual Fuel/Dual Oven Range (JDR8895A). Though
when we ran the Electrical we just figured on a regular oven and used a

Posted to alt.home.repair
Eric Tonks

Or you could probably look it up on-line at the manufacturer's web site.

Why did you install #10 and a 30 amp breaker, this is used for a dryer?
Regular ovens need #8 cable and 40 amp breakers, my double oven (an older
JenAir that we just removed) used a #8 cable and a 50 amp breaker. You
really need accurate information and not a guess. Your enquiry was probably
answered by an Indian Call Center and don't know anything about electrical
requirements.

"RBM" rbm2(remove wrote in message
contact the place where you are purchasing the oven from and get the
amperage

"Scott Townsend" wrote in message
m...
I'm looking into a Jenair Dual Fuel/Dual Oven Range (JDR8895A). Though
when we ran the Electrical we just figured on a regular oven and used a

Posted to alt.home.repair
sparty

I did find this

http://www.jennair.com/products/imag...veninstall.pdf

It states the following

This range requires a single phase three wire 120/240 or 120/208 volt,
60Hz AC circuit.

They have a lot more information in that pdf, I just didn't find a
specific line that states, 20A, 30A, 40A or anything like that. I
didn't look through the entire thing though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Wed, 05 Apr 2006 14:44:55 GMT, "Scott Townsend"
wrote:

I'm looking into a Jenair Dual Fuel/Dual Oven Range (JDR8895A). Though
when we ran the Electrical we just figured on a regular oven and used a #10
and a 30Amp Breaker.

I've tried asking Jenair/Maytag Customer Service how many amps it draws and
they said it would work if I had 120/240v 50Hz. Even though the Web Form I
filled out said I was in the US.

These companies seem to use bots that can't read very well. I've often
asked questions and gotten unrelated replies before. Last time was
with a major satellite TV company.

Thanks,
Scott-

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

Yeah, I found that. Pretty much what the Call Center person said, though
they said 50 Hz, though it could have been a Typo.

"sparty" wrote in message
oups.com...
I did find this

http://www.jennair.com/products/imag...veninstall.pdf

It states the following

This range requires a single phase three wire 120/240 or 120/208 volt,
60Hz AC circuit.

They have a lot more information in that pdf, I just didn't find a
specific line that states, 20A, 30A, 40A or anything like that. I
didn't look through the entire thing though.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Scott Townsend

They finally came back and said that 30Amps is fine.

Now to trust the answer?

Thanks!
anews.com...

#10 and a 30Amp Breaker.

I've tried asking Jenair/Maytag Customer Service how many amps it draws
and they said it would work if I had 120/240v 50Hz. Even though the Web
Form I filled out said I was in the US.

Thanks,
Scott-

Electric oven stopped working Paul S UK diy 3 December 23rd 05 10:33 AM
Kenmore (Roper) repeated F2 code John Parker Home Repair 1 August 12th 05 04:10 AM
Electric oven "flex" Dave UK diy 5 July 14th 05 12:10 AM
about 24 inch Electric Double Wall Oven - consumer reports ?? T.T. Home Ownership 2 March 13th 04 03:03 AM