Dave

Default Electric oven "flex"

I'm about to fit a double oven, the instructions say to use H05VV-F
(presumably they missed off -3G-006 at the end) but this isn't a high
temperature cable from what I can see. What's the code for a high temp flex?

Dave
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Dave wrote:
I'm about to fit a double oven, the instructions say to use H05VV-F
(presumably they missed off -3G-006 at the end) but this isn't a high
temperature cable from what I can see. What's the code for a high temp
flex?

If it doesn't come with a fitted 13 amp plug and flex, it's usual to just
run the 6mm TW&E into it. The oven should be well insulated to prevent the
casing getting too hot to touch and the same would apply to the connection
panel. Internal wiring will be high temperature, though.

However, TLC do 2.5mm Butyl 3183TQ by the metre which is rated at 24 amps.

--
*Am I ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Dave

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

I'm about to fit a double oven, the instructions say to use H05VV-F
(presumably they missed off -3G-006 at the end) but this isn't a high
temperature cable from what I can see. What's the code for a high temp
flex?

If it doesn't come with a fitted 13 amp plug and flex, it's usual to just
run the 6mm TW&E into it. The oven should be well insulated to prevent the
casing getting too hot to touch and the same would apply to the connection
panel. Internal wiring will be high temperature, though.

However, TLC do 2.5mm Butyl 3183TQ by the metre which is rated at 24 amps.

It's 5.1kW so 2.5mm is a bit too small, if I can't find anything else
I'll just use the 6mm T&E.

Dave
Chip

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:17:37 +0000 (UTC),it is alleged that Dave
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip]

If it doesn't come with a fitted 13 amp plug and flex, it's usual to just
run the 6mm TW&E into it. The oven should be well insulated to prevent the
casing getting too hot to touch and the same would apply to the connection
panel. Internal wiring will be high temperature, though.

However, TLC do 2.5mm Butyl 3183TQ by the metre which is rated at 24 amps.

It's 5.1kW so 2.5mm is a bit too small, if I can't find anything else
I'll just use the 6mm T&E.

http://tinyurl.com/dql2u (TLC)
Bottom of the page, they also do 4.0mm butyl, rated at 35 amps:-)

HTH

--
Life is like a hot bath. It feels good while you're in it, but the
longer you stay in, the more wrinkled you get.
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Dave wrote:
It's 5.1kW so 2.5mm is a bit too small, if I can't find anything else
I'll just use the 6mm T&E.

Eh? Even taking 230 volts as the figure, 5.1 kW is only 22.2 amps. And a
double oven is unlikely to draw this peak figure for long.

--
*What boots up must come down *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Dave

Chip wrote:
On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:17:37 +0000 (UTC),it is alleged that Dave
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

[snip]

If it doesn't come with a fitted 13 amp plug and flex, it's usual to just
run the 6mm TW&E into it. The oven should be well insulated to prevent the
casing getting too hot to touch and the same would apply to the connection
panel. Internal wiring will be high temperature, though.

However, TLC do 2.5mm Butyl 3183TQ by the metre which is rated at 24 amps.

It's 5.1kW so 2.5mm is a bit too small, if I can't find anything else
I'll just use the 6mm T&E.

http://tinyurl.com/dql2u (TLC)
Bottom of the page, they also do 4.0mm butyl, rated at 35 amps:-)

HTH

Fantastic! That'll do the job nicely. Thanks.

Dave