Posted to uk.d-i-y
Paul S

Default Electric oven stopped working

Its a DeLonghi gas cooker with electric fan assisted oven, model GDF 603.
The fan's still working, but no heat from the element.

Where shall I start checking, or leave it to a an electrician ? Do the
elements burn out ? It's about 2 years old.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Paul S wrote:
Its a DeLonghi gas cooker with electric fan assisted oven, model GDF 603.
The fan's still working, but no heat from the element.

Where shall I start checking, or leave it to a an electrician ? Do the
elements burn out ? It's about 2 years old.

could be a gone element, burnt switch, thermostat, or oxidised
connectors that push onto the element. Dead element is most common
cause. All these can be tested with a multimeter on the low resistance
range. If youre able to make sure its fully unpowered, its not hard to
check which the problem is and replace. But by your q I think you need
to ask yourself if you know enough about what youre soing to ensure
your own safety. If not, either let someone else, or stick around and
read till you do.

NT

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Christian McArdle

Where shall I start checking, or leave it to a an electrician ? Do the
elements burn out ? It's about 2 years old.

Where did you buy it from? You may find that your statutory rights will get
you a repair from the retailer.

Christian.