Haroon

Default electric oven stopped working

My whirlpool electric oven has suddently stopped working. However,
the stove tops continue to work.
Any ideas if I can fix the oven problem somehow?

Please forward responses to my email account:

Thanks.
Kevin Carney

It may be microprocessor controlled. Unplug power cord for 10 minutes and
plug back in. That's what fixed my co-workers last week.

--
change .combo to .com for correct email

"We ought always to know precisely why a given job
is done in a particular way, and why it is done at
all, and why it can't be done more efficiently,
if it must be done at all."-- T.J.Watson

"Haroon" wrote in message
om...
My whirlpool electric oven has suddently stopped working. However,
the stove tops continue to work.
Any ideas if I can fix the oven problem somehow?

Please forward responses to my email account:

Thanks.

Mike Russell

Haroon wrote:
My whirlpool electric oven has suddently stopped working. However,
the stove tops continue to work.
Any ideas if I can fix the oven problem somehow?

Sure you can. Get hold of a schematic and see if the unit has an internal
fuse. Then ohm out the heating element, thermostat, and switch.

Please forward responses to my email account:

No problem, but you will probably get more responses if you read your
thread.

--

Mike Russell
http://www.curvemeister.com

Jerry Greenberg

This is very general, but will give you an idea.

If you are trained at major appliance servicing (stoves), have a few
test tools for it, and have a source for the parts, you can service
it.

The basic things to check are the thermostat, element control relay,
control board, control module, computer board (if one is used in your
model), and the heating element. Is there proper voltage comming in,
and going to all the necessary devices? Check all the fuses first.

The service people check the fuses, and for the presence of voltage to
the required devices. If all is present, they change the modules and
use the process of illimination to find the fault. The most common
faults with these is the thermostat, relay, and the heating element.
In some models, the relay is on a module that is changed as a
replacement part.

After servicing, it is a good idea to set the temperature to 200, 300,
and 400 degrees. At each setting when the oven reaches stability, a
test is done to make sure that the temperatures are accurate to the
thermostat setting. If they are more than about 10% out, there is a
fault condition. Sometimes the thermostat goes defective, thus making
the temperatures not correct.

Some manufactures will not sell service parts to non authorised
servers. You will find this out for your stove when you go to
purchase the parts. This has to do mainly with safety issues. They
don't want to be possibly liable.

I would suggest to call the authorised service rep for your stove.
Normaly once he arrives, these are serviced in about an hour or so.

Jerry Greenberg
http://www.zoom-one.com

--

(Haroon) wrote in message . com...
My whirlpool electric oven has suddently stopped working. However,
the stove tops continue to work.
Any ideas if I can fix the oven problem somehow?

Please forward responses to my email account:

Thanks.

Engineer

So, what voltage do your co-workers run on?

Cheers,

Roger

Kevin Carney wrote:

It may be microprocessor controlled. Unplug power cord for 10 minutes and
plug back in. That's what fixed my co-workers last week.

--
change .combo to .com for correct email

"We ought always to know precisely why a given job
is done in a particular way, and why it is done at
all, and why it can't be done more efficiently,
if it must be done at all."-- T.J.Watson

"Haroon" wrote in message
om...
My whirlpool electric oven has suddently stopped working. However,
the stove tops continue to work.
Any ideas if I can fix the oven problem somehow?

Please forward responses to my email account:

Thanks.

Roger Jones, P.Eng.
Thornhill, Ontario,
Canada.

"Friends don't let friends vote Liberal"