Mogweed

Default Power supply for electric oven pt. 2

If you saw my earlier thread "Power supply for electric oven" you'll
remember that we are having two ring mains in the kitchen - one RCD
protected for kettles, toasters and other general stuff, and one
unprotected, which will carry the CH boiler, fridge/freezer and the electric
oven (13A).

Question this time is regarding the gas hob (electric ignition) and the
stainless stell extractor chimney-type thingy. What's the preferred method
of supplying those (ie, FCU, plug/socket or other) and would they go on the
protected or unprotected circuit?

Cheers,

Mogweed.

Chip

On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 11:52:59 +0100,it is alleged that "Mogweed"
spake thusly in uk.d-i-y:

If you saw my earlier thread "Power supply for electric oven" you'll
remember that we are having two ring mains in the kitchen - one RCD
protected for kettles, toasters and other general stuff, and one
unprotected, which will carry the CH boiler, fridge/freezer and the electric
oven (13A).

Question this time is regarding the gas hob (electric ignition) and the
stainless stell extractor chimney-type thingy. What's the preferred method
of supplying those (ie, FCU, plug/socket or other) and would they go on the
protected or unprotected circuit?

Personal opinion alert:-D

I'd put them on FCUs, both are relatively low load appliances. As
regards RCD or non-RCD circuit, the choice is yours, although my
tendency would be towards the RCD protected one due to the usage of a
hob to hold vessels of liquid and of an extractor to accumulate
condensation (at a stretch) :-) The risk of anything bad happening
with this condensation or with a gas hob + electric ignition getting
wet is probably minimal, but still non-zero.

--
This .signature has been hijacked by the Shellfish Liberation Army.
Please remain clam.
Mogweed

"Chip" wrote in message
n.net...
[...]

Thanks very much for that Chip. That's basically what I had in mind but it's
good to know someone else would do it that way too.

Mogweed.