Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe

Default Have you ever taken apart this Moen faucet...

http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr..._FAUCET=207908

My mother has one like it, possibly this same model. Hers is circa 1995
though. The handle is very loose so that it moves a good ways before you
can feel the valve engage. I only had about 10 min. today to spend on it
and did not get it figured out.

If anyone has the same faucet could you tell me how you take it apart? So
far I've uscrewed the silver part at the base (above sink) and loosened a
plastic piece underneath that. That's getting technical I know. All I
really want to do is tighten that handle up. Do I need to get underneath
the sink for this? It has a big copper cylinder looking thing that I could
probably get off, but don't want to if I don't have to. Thanks very much.

Also, if you have the same one, does your handle get loose also? I'm
wondering if I should just replace it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe

"Joe" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr..._FAUCET=207908

My mother has one like it, possibly this same model. Hers is circa 1995
though. The handle is very loose so that it moves a good ways before you
can feel the valve engage. I only had about 10 min. today to spend on it
and did not get it figured out.

If anyone has the same faucet could you tell me how you take it apart?
So far I've uscrewed the silver part at the base (above sink) and loosened
a plastic piece underneath that. That's getting technical I know. All
I really want to do is tighten that handle up. Do I need to get
underneath the sink for this? It has a big copper cylinder looking thing
that I could probably get off, but don't want to if I don't have to.
Thanks very much.

Also, if you have the same one, does your handle get loose also? I'm
wondering if I should just replace it.

I see that on the exploded parts view there is a screw behind the 'moen'
buttn label so I think that may get me going. Guess I should have looked
closer at my own link :/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Joe" wrote in message
. ..
http://www.moen.com/browsecatalog/pr..._FAUCET=207908

My mother has one like it, possibly this same model. Hers is circa 1995
though. The handle is very loose so that it moves a good ways before you
can feel the valve engage. I only had about 10 min. today to spend on it
and did not get it figured out.

If anyone has the same faucet could you tell me how you take it apart?
So far I've uscrewed the silver part at the base (above sink) and loosened
a plastic piece underneath that. That's getting technical I know. All
I really want to do is tighten that handle up. Do I need to get
underneath the sink for this? It has a big copper cylinder looking thing
that I could probably get off, but don't want to if I don't have to.
Thanks very much.

Also, if you have the same one, does your handle get loose also? I'm
wondering if I should just replace it.

If you don't figure it out, call Moen. They're quite helpful, based on my
past experience. Matter of fact, if it turns out you need a part, they'll
probably send it to you for free. Considering the price of gasoline these
days, even a tiny screw is worth three bucks, unless you live real close to
the store.

Posted to alt.home.repair
p4o2

Send an email to Moen with info on when it was purchased and you will
get a response. One time they just sent me a replacement FREE.

I will buy only Moen products (unless my wife will not let me LOL)

Moen Faucet water just stopped Senin Home Repair 11 May 31st 19 08:44 PM
Moen Kichen faucet..cartridge removal GotBonus? Home Repair 12 February 25th 06 01:20 AM
Moen Kitchen Faucet Ken Home Repair 10 August 2nd 05 02:24 PM
More MOEN Kitchen Faucet Woes Dr Jack White Home Repair 0 March 13th 04 12:53 PM
Moen Faucet Repair Sundog Home Repair 2 November 4th 03 04:30 AM