Posted to alt.home.repair
46erjoe

Default Upward-flushing toilets?

My basement, which I plan to finish off into several rooms has no
sewer connect. The upstairs sewer line comes down into the basement,
runs along a side wall and then out to the street about half-way up
the basement wall. I'd like to put a toilet and vanity in the finished
basement. Is there such a thing as an upward-flushing toilet? I
suspect it would have to sit atop a raised area with some kind of pump
underneath. Never heard of one though. Thanks.
Posted to alt.home.repair

yes there is my father in law has one, the pump is in the back kinda
under the tank, it also takes sink water in and pumps it out too. works
great for him.

sorry dont have a name and just remember it was pricey and of course
you need a electrical outlet

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

i don't know if this fits your application:
4/10 HP SEWAGE PUMP
Wayne 4/10 HP Sewage Pump - Completely Submersible - Chemically
Resistant Thermoplastic - Vortex Impeller Pumps Up To 4,680 GPH @ 10'
Head - Moves Up To 2" Solids - Mfg #SEL40
THDS Part #: 594810
Mfg #:
Manufacturer: WAYNE
Made In: USA
www.hdsupply.com

but first read about all basement stuff at:
http://www.buildingscience.com/resources/basements.htm

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

http://www.saniflo.com/

http://www.deanbennett.com/zoellerquikjon.htm

--
Steve Barker

"46erjoe" wrote in message
My basement, which I plan to finish off into several rooms has no
sewer connect. The upstairs sewer line comes down into the basement,
runs along a side wall and then out to the street about half-way up
the basement wall. I'd like to put a toilet and vanity in the finished
basement. Is there such a thing as an upward-flushing toilet? I
suspect it would have to sit atop a raised area with some kind of pump
underneath. Never heard of one though. Thanks.

Posted to alt.home.repair
WConner

Years ago magazines such as Mechanics Illustrated and Popular Mechanics had
adds for up flushing toilets in every issue. Haven't seen them lately but a
Google search might turn them up. As I understand it, they had a built in
waste pump.

Walt Conner

Is there such a thing as an upward-flushing toilet? I

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

46erjoe wrote:
My basement, which I plan to finish off into several rooms has no
sewer connect. The upstairs sewer line comes down into the basement,
runs along a side wall and then out to the street about half-way up
the basement wall. I'd like to put a toilet and vanity in the finished
basement. Is there such a thing as an upward-flushing toilet? I
suspect it would have to sit atop a raised area with some kind of pump
underneath. Never heard of one though. Thanks.

They come with a special pump and housing that not only pumps but slices
and dices.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

I had one installed in my basement last year. Just warn any females not
to flush sanitary napkins- the fibers can tangle in the blades, I was
warned.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CR

"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
46erjoe wrote:
My basement, which I plan to finish off into several rooms has no
sewer connect. The upstairs sewer line comes down into the basement,
runs along a side wall and then out to the street about half-way up
the basement wall. I'd like to put a toilet and vanity in the finished
basement. Is there such a thing as an upward-flushing toilet? I
suspect it would have to sit atop a raised area with some kind of pump
underneath. Never heard of one though. Thanks.

They come with a special pump and housing that not only pumps but
slices and dices.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Yes, they are jokingly referred to in the trade as a Grinder.

CR

Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker LT

Those shouldn't be flushed anyway.

--
Steve Barker

"Sev" wrote in message
oups.com...
I had one installed in my basement last year. Just warn any females not
to flush sanitary napkins- the fibers can tangle in the blades, I was
warned.

Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

On Thu, 30 Mar 2006 04:48:53 GMT, "Steve Barker LT"
wrote:

Those shouldn't be flushed anyway.

It's always sump thing.

--