Posted to alt.home.repair
orpheusNY

Default Question about thermostatic showers

I'm thinking of installing a thermostatic shower (Hansgrohe) in my
upcoming bathroom renovation. My question is this:

I live in a small apartment building, and the bathroom in question is
fairly far from the water heaters in the basement. If hot water hasn't
been recently requested, it can take between 1 and 2 minutes of running
the water to get hot water up to my apartment. Will this cause
difficulties for the thermostatic shower, and headaches for me? Am I
better off with a pressure balanced system?

Thanks in advance for any insight.

ONY
Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

WHO: are you the property owner doing a permanent parts upgrade, or a
tenant who needs portability to a future address of the new plumbing
add-ons?
WHAT:if you want the water hot and available add the new circulating
pump.
WHE your address helps determine your looking up all utility rates
which relate to this: water + heating it + electric to move it.
WHEN:if you want to limit the hot water booster pump's time of day
operations add a programmable timer.
WHY: are you having any problems with water pressure? flow? running out
of hot water? should we address simply a replacement of a hot water
tank dip tube for $3 to give you more minutes of hot water from the
tank?
HOW: much research you do determines which direction to spend how much
money.
see google hot water circulator:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ter+circulator
also:
"Q. How do I keep from being "shocked" in the shower?
A. At Rough-In time, It is important to run pipes with enough volume
and pressure so that many fixtures can be used at the same time. I
usually run only two fixtures on a 1/2" line; so a standard bathroom
would have a 3/4" line for cold until one fixture is taken off. A 1/2"
line for the hot is fine, tub and lav.
Another nice item that is plumbing code in many areas now, is the
pressure balanced tub and shower valves. A single handle valve that
balances the hot and cold water to try to maintain a temperature range
plus or minus 2 degrees. Terry Love"
terry has more at:
http://www.terrylove.com/faq.htm
and see his amazing multiple showerheads:
http://www.easycarts.net/ecarts/terr...wer_heads.html

embarrasingly basic thermostatic radiator valves question! Riz1 UK diy 4 November 11th 04 02:03 AM
Thermostatic showers Ben UK diy 5 October 13th 04 11:43 AM
Wickes thermostatic showers Wisefrog UK diy 1 August 19th 04 09:52 PM
Simple question regarding Ceiling tiles and sound? lbbs Home Ownership 2 March 25th 04 07:03 PM
Thermostatic shower problem Cubik UK diy 30 January 13th 04 10:48 PM