Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

Default Question about thermostatic showers

WHO: are you the property owner doing a permanent parts upgrade, or a
tenant who needs portability to a future address of the new plumbing
add-ons?
WHAT:if you want the water hot and available add the new circulating
pump.
WHE your address helps determine your looking up all utility rates
which relate to this: water + heating it + electric to move it.
WHEN:if you want to limit the hot water booster pump's time of day
operations add a programmable timer.
WHY: are you having any problems with water pressure? flow? running out
of hot water? should we address simply a replacement of a hot water
tank dip tube for $3 to give you more minutes of hot water from the
tank?
HOW: much research you do determines which direction to spend how much
money.
see google hot water circulator:
http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...ter+circulator
also:
"Q. How do I keep from being "shocked" in the shower?
A. At Rough-In time, It is important to run pipes with enough volume
and pressure so that many fixtures can be used at the same time. I
usually run only two fixtures on a 1/2" line; so a standard bathroom
would have a 3/4" line for cold until one fixture is taken off. A 1/2"
line for the hot is fine, tub and lav.
Another nice item that is plumbing code in many areas now, is the
pressure balanced tub and shower valves. A single handle valve that
balances the hot and cold water to try to maintain a temperature range
plus or minus 2 degrees. Terry Love"
terry has more at:
http://www.terrylove.com/faq.htm
and see his amazing multiple showerheads:
http://www.easycarts.net/ecarts/terr...wer_heads.html