Posted to alt.home.repair
smithfarms pure kona

Default Pergo Floors

What do you think? Anything to look for especially? We have decided
to get rid of the indoor/outdoor carpet, since the dog came. But
Pergo seems ideal and easier to keep clean.

Any opinions?

TIA

aloha,
Thunder
smithfarms.com
Farmers of 100% Kona Coffee
& other Great Stuff
Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Have a pergo in kitchen, light wood, 2 dogs, it always looks dirty
because the floor is so perfectly smooth and even in shine. It will hold
up but it depends on area used. We have real oak and tile and they dont
show dirt like pergos semi gloss finish. I heard the complaint before
but did not believe it till I saw it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Hogwild

Do you mean laminate flooring in general? Pergo used to be "the
name" now there are many manufacturers.

I installed some in my basement workshops. 7 mm thick, treated seams,
35 year warrranty for under $1.00 sq.ft.. It looks good. You can
spend a lot more.

There should be no standing water on the floor, so you would need to
be diligent wiping up around doorways.

The floor doesn't feel like wood - it's not.

A tablesaw and a spinsaw make the job a great deal easier. It's pretty
easy to do.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Moisés Nacio

"smithfarms pure kona" wrote
What do you think? Anything to look for especially? We have decided
to get rid of the indoor/outdoor carpet, since the dog came. But
Pergo seems ideal and easier to keep clean.

Any opinions?

You may or may not like them, but I'm partial to the Pergo tiles.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Conway

Whether you use Pergo or not, the dog will come again unless you get
him neutered..... :-)

"We have decided to get rid of the indoor/outdoor carpet, since the dog
came. But
Pergo seems ideal and easier to keep clean."

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Read warranties. Compare Mannington with Pergo and others especially on
water and wear and tear issues. After doing that we went with a Mannington
click floor and it is doing great. Even in kitchen, bath and laundry rooms.