Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

Default rip off report

Okay, there is a site called www.ripoffreport.com. We have had a problem
with some minor warranty issues from a couple of furniture stores (one is
Rhodes Furniture, they're out of business so I don't mind naming them). Our
beef is that both stores are very slow in responding to warranty claims.
Instead of posting their names on rip-off report, is there another web based
avenue to post a complaint?

Personally, I've found the BBB to be a waste of time.

Regarding Rhodes Furniture, we bought a set of leather furniture from them.
I guess the salesman liked us and more or less gave us the extended warranty
for the furniture. Even though they are out of business, the warranty was
(supposedly) then and is now handled by a 3rd party.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeatMan wrote:
Okay, there is a site called www.ripoffreport.com. We have had a problem
with some minor warranty issues from a couple of furniture stores (one is
Rhodes Furniture, they're out of business so I don't mind naming them). Our
beef is that both stores are very slow in responding to warranty claims.
Instead of posting their names on rip-off report, is there another web based
avenue to post a complaint?

Personally, I've found the BBB to be a waste of time.

And you expect someplace on the web to be better for getting
satisfaction from a local business? If you have a legitimate claim,
you can take them to small claims court, which is likely to get their
attention. And collecting a judgement from a local furniture store
that is still in business should be easy.

Regarding Rhodes Furniture, we bought a set of leather furniture from them.
I guess the salesman liked us and more or less gave us the extended warranty
for the furniture. Even though they are out of business, the warranty was
(supposedly) then and is now handled by a 3rd party.

Posted to alt.home.repair
PopS

"HeatMan" wrote in message
[...]

I find it interesting how many people here immediately brush off
the BBB as a useless organization. For a sleezey operation, that
can be true; but for many, it does in fact matter.
More than that, by submitting something to the BBB you also
create a record that would warn off others from using that
opertaion. A "good" rating from the BBB is nowhere as meaningful
as a "bad" rating, I agree, but it does eliminate some bad ones
very quickly.
HP for instance, cares a LOT. They

Posted to alt.home.repair
PopS

sorry bout that:
They fell all over themselves to soothe my feathers and made me a
very happy customer who felt he'd gotting into a great win - win
situation.

A broad brush can spread TOO wide! Try to see the bigger
picture.

Pop

"PopS" wrote in message
"HeatMan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Quit wasting your time, Monday pay your 35-50$ small claim court filing
fee at your local court house and let a judge decide. All you need is
the company name, address, and someones name that works there. Odds are
you will have it fixed in 30 days. Forget writing, forget the bbb. Only
a court can enforce a judgement.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"HeatMan" wrote in message
Okay, there is a site called www.ripoffreport.com. We have had a problem
with some minor warranty issues from a couple of furniture stores (one is
Rhodes Furniture, they're out of business so I don't mind naming them).
Our
beef is that both stores are very slow in responding to warranty claims.
Instead of posting their names on rip-off report, is there another web
based
avenue to post a complaint?

Personally, I've found the BBB to be a waste of time.

Regarding Rhodes Furniture, we bought a set of leather furniture from
them.
I guess the salesman liked us and more or less gave us the extended
warranty
for the furniture. Even though they are out of business, the warranty was
(supposedly) then and is now handled by a 3rd party.

By posting the complaint online, you're gambling that someone useful might
see it. You'd be better off contacting the manufacturer of the furniture and
raising hell.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Read the fine print before suing. Most big companies have binding
arbitration clauses in their contracts and judges routinely enforce them
because the crooks in Washington passed a law that pretty much forces states
to enforce binding arbitration clauses in consumer contracts even if they
are in invisible fine print. So if you ignore the clause, the other side
can hire a big shot expensive attorney to win a dismissal and the judge can
may you pay the attorney fees.

"m Ransley" wrote in message
Quit wasting your time, Monday pay your 35-50$ small claim court filing
fee at your local court house and let a judge decide. All you need is
the company name, address, and someones name that works there. Odds are
you will have it fixed in 30 days. Forget writing, forget the bbb. Only
a court can enforce a judgement.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ross Mac

There is a solution!"

http://mail.spaminspector.com

"HeatMan" wrote in message
Okay, there is a site called www.ripoffreport.com. We have had a problem
with some minor warranty issues from a couple of furniture stores (one is
Rhodes Furniture, they're out of business so I don't mind naming them).
Our
beef is that both stores are very slow in responding to warranty claims.
Instead of posting their names on rip-off report, is there another web
based
avenue to post a complaint?

Personally, I've found the BBB to be a waste of time.

Regarding Rhodes Furniture, we bought a set of leather furniture from
them.
I guess the salesman liked us and more or less gave us the extended
warranty
for the furniture. Even though they are out of business, the warranty was
(supposedly) then and is now handled by a 3rd party.

IF you have a valid claim, I agree that the BBB is not your answer. Many
times customers use them as harassment to a business that they don't agree
with a return policy or warranty. All they can do is post the total number
of complaints and comment on whether it is normal for that type of business
leaving customers with no clue unless there are a huge amount of them.
Small claims is the way to go. Go online and check the list of corporations
for your state. That's where you will find the corporate name as opposed to
the dba or fictitious business name and an address. This is assuming they
still exist....good luck on this one...furniture stores are notorious a
whole gamut of problems....Ross

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeatMan

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"HeatMan" wrote in message
[...]

The wife is better at raising he** like that. She's at the 3 stuporvisor
now. Still can't get anything done...

Posted to alt.home.repair
PipeDown

Have you checked your credit card privileges? Some cards extend
manufacturers warranties and claims are with the CC company.

"HeatMan" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"HeatMan" wrote in message
[...]

"at the 3 stuporvisor now" makes no ****ing sense. You need to look all over
your furniture, especially underneath. There should be a tag with the
manufacturer's name, and probably the city where they're located. Then you
need to pick up the phone and call them. If you don't know how to get the
area code for a city you're not familiar with, find someone over the age of
40 and ask them.

Also, you don't need to type "he**" instead of "hell". It's just a ****ing
WORD.

Posted to alt.home.repair

[...]