Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Charlie S.

Default Tightening dryer hose

Looking for a more secure way to tighten the dryer hose to the dryer.

The bottom part of the dryer hose comes out from time to time. I rely on
the friction between the dryer receptor and the hose's plastic sheathing to
hold it in place. I thought of putting in a clamp, but the hose goes in too
far into the dryer. Thus, it would be too difficult or impossible for me to
tighten.

I thought of drilling a small hole in the plastic sheathing and dryer
receptor. Then putting a pointed screw in at an angle. I can't put it
straight in as the receptor is somewhat inset into the dryer.

Any ideas on how to secure this better?

Please note, this plastic sheathing is not very flexible. I even have
trouble from time to time with the other end of the hose coming out. It has
a clamp. I tightened it pretty good today. Hopefully, it will hold.

Dryer vent hose Ed Hayes Home Repair 4 November 18th 05 12:38 PM
Dryer too hot in back Vinnie Boombotts Home Repair 6 October 13th 05 01:49 PM
dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
How to fix my garden hose? Oscar_Lives Home Repair 5 April 21st 05 09:29 PM
Can I plug my 230V compressor (NEMA 6-20P) into a dryer (NEMA 10-30R) receptacle? Martin Mickston Home Ownership 1 October 25th 04 04:17 PM