Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Hayes

Default Dryer vent hose

Can anyone tell me the max length of a dryer vent hose?
Also would it be better to run a steel 4" hose/pipe in place of those
expandable plastic or metal dryer vent hoses.

Thanks
Posted to alt.home.repair
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

I got into this on a job when installing hvac system with it. We had a
92+% afue gas furnace to install and had to run a new electric drier
vent to the outside too . we run the two 4" PVC lines side by side and
exited out the eves of the building. It was run 44 feet and 1-- 90
Degree elbow and one 45 degree fitting each on both lines. It worked
fine and was check on the drier like this. We removed the vent line
from the drier and took the temperature of the vent gass. then put the
44 foot vent line back on it and let it run like that for about 10
minutes and check the temperature of the air coming out the eves of the
drier vent and the temperature was 2 degree colder than without the
vent attached.

So you can say 44 feet [ with a 90 degree elbow and a 45 degree fitting
also ] would be a start.

TURTLE

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

the old style of plastic has been replaced with the metal. the lenght
may be in your new maytag dryer manual.

your answer is at:
http://fixitnow.com/wp/2003/10/15/ap...venting-guide/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Appliance Repair Aid

Ed Hayes wrote:
Can anyone tell me the max length of a dryer vent hose?
Also would it be better to run a steel 4" hose/pipe in place of those
expandable plastic or metal dryer vent hoses.

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the max length of a dryer vent hose?

http://www.applianceaid.com/vent-length.html

Also would it be better to run a steel 4" hose/pipe in place of those
expandable plastic or metal dryer vent hoses.

Solid metal venting is always better than the flexable hoses.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Ed Hayes wrote:
Can anyone tell me the max length of a dryer vent hose?
Also would it be better to run a steel 4" hose/pipe in place of those
expandable plastic or metal dryer vent hoses.

Thanks

The allowable length depends on the dryer as they don't all have the
same needs. It should be indicated in the paperwork that came with the
dryer. Average is about 50 feet with reductions for elbows.

Anything is better than that expandable plastic hose. Non-corrugated
steel pipe is best. Do not connect sections together with screws as the
screws will catch lint and cause buildup. Use the metal duct tape available
in the heating and air conditioning area not cloth duct tape to hold the
sections together.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

dryer vent location John Home Repair 7 June 14th 05 04:31 AM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Repair 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Where oh where to put an ouside dryer vent from below ground Wally Home Ownership 23 December 17th 04 12:11 PM
Help with dryer vent on glass block window Jordan Powell Home Repair 7 February 27th 04 02:56 AM
Excessive lint coming out of dryer vent Dipu Home Repair 2 August 26th 03 06:15 AM