Posted to alt.home.repair
TC

Default Home improvement: Installing a hair dryer holder

Between my wife and daughter, I'm going to get electricuted by one of
the 3 hair dryers I find plugged in and laying in the sink every day.
I'm looking for a better way to deal with this clutter and unsafe
situation. I was thinking about some sort of holder that mounts to the
wall where they can put it in when not in use. Although, I'm concerned
about them tearing through the drywall when putting the dryer away -
Sometimes women can be a bit rough and drywall not as strong as we'd
like.

Any other ideas?
Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn

TC wrote:

Between my wife and daughter, I'm going to get electricuted by one of
the 3 hair dryers I find plugged in and laying in the sink every day.
I'm looking for a better way to deal with this clutter and unsafe
situation. I was thinking about some sort of holder that mounts to the
wall where they can put it in when not in use. Although, I'm concerned
about them tearing through the drywall when putting the dryer away -
Sometimes women can be a bit rough and drywall not as strong as we'd
like.

Any other ideas?

One solution has always worked for me - when you find it in the sink,
put it somewhere where they can't find it. One day without a hairdryer
will probably cure teenagers, but spouse may be another matter )
Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom G

"TC" wrote in message
Between my wife and daughter, I'm going to get electricuted by one of
the 3 hair dryers I find plugged in and laying in the sink every day.
I'm looking for a better way to deal with this clutter and unsafe
situation. I was thinking about some sort of holder that mounts to the
wall where they can put it in when not in use. Although, I'm concerned
about them tearing through the drywall when putting the dryer away -
Sometimes women can be a bit rough and drywall not as strong as we'd
like.

Any other ideas?

Check out your closest beauty supply store. They'll have several types
designed for the professional. Some mount on wall, some on side of cabinet,
some clamp, some screw in, some even just sit on top of cabinet. In some
states, you have to have a license to buy at a beauty supply store and some
will only sell to people with a cosmetologist license. Sally's, a
nationwide chain, usually does not require you to be licensed but doesn't
give you the 10% discount without.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

TC wrote:
Between my wife and daughter, I'm going to get electricuted by one of
the 3 hair dryers I find plugged in and laying in the sink every day.
I'm looking for a better way to deal with this clutter and unsafe
situation. I was thinking about some sort of holder that mounts to the
wall where they can put it in when not in use. Although, I'm concerned
about them tearing through the drywall when putting the dryer away -
Sometimes women can be a bit rough and drywall not as strong as we'd
like.

Any other ideas?

Some dryers come with wall mounts. I would consider one of them, as
they are cheap enough.

Also make sure all those bath plugs are GFI protected. If your home is
relatively new it should have them already, if not they are not that
expensive to add.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Sat, 11 Mar 2006 14:08:41 GMT, Norminn
wrote:

TC wrote:

Between my wife and daughter, I'm going to get electricuted by one of
the 3 hair dryers I find plugged in and laying in the sink every day.
I'm looking for a better way to deal with this clutter and unsafe
situation. I was thinking about some sort of holder that mounts to the
wall where they can put it in when not in use. Although, I'm concerned
about them tearing through the drywall when putting the dryer away -
Sometimes women can be a bit rough and drywall not as strong as we'd
like.

Any other ideas?

One solution has always worked for me - when you find it in the sink,
put it somewhere where they can't find it. One day without a hairdryer
will probably cure teenagers, but spouse may be another matter )

Norminn's idea is better than mine, but if for some reason you can't
use it: Why can't they all use the same hair dryer? (Does more than
one of them dry their hair at the same time? How can they stand the
noise?).

If not, they can just use 1 (or 2) driers, and when that wears out,
they can switch to one of the other two.

Shouldn't put electrical things in the sink. Shouldn't run water when
they are there, but they'll get so used to it that they will.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Carol

TC wrote:

Between my wife and daughter, I'm going to get electricuted by one of
the 3 hair dryers I find plugged in and laying in the sink every day.
I'm looking for a better way to deal with this clutter and unsafe
situation. I was thinking about some sort of holder that mounts to the
wall where they can put it in when not in use.

Any other ideas?

Here's a holder:
http://www.improvementscatalog.com/p...ept%5Fid=10710

Carol