Posted to alt.home.repair
Newbie

Default Central Vac

I have a partial blockage in my central vac system. How best to locate the
blockage?

--
When Super-shaved
Remember, pard

Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Neckerson

"Newbie" wrote

I have a partial blockage in my central vac system. How best to locate the
blockage?

Tie a string to your gerbil (like you usually do) and let out the line until
he stops. Pull him back out (like you usually do) and then the length of the
string will tell you where it is....

Posted to alt.home.repair
thehick

"I have a partial blockage in my central vac system.
How best to locate the blockage?"

Use a plumber's snake.
....thehick

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Newbie wrote:
I have a partial blockage in my central vac system. How best to locate
the blockage?

The most common place is right at the outlet. If it was properly
installed the smallest opening and sharpest turn in the whole system will be
at the outlet.

First find out what outlet(s) have low suction. That should direct you
to where you need to look. As noted a light weight plumbers snake can be
used, but be sure you don't poke it into the motor unit. :-)

I suspect you will find the problem at one of the outlets and if you
look carefully you may see some sort of string snagged there and the clog
will be on the other end of that string.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit