Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Kenmore Range Electronic Panel Clock Display Needs Replacement

Hello

I have a Kenmore slide-in gas range - model number 911.3658811. The
electronic panel where the lcd clock display and buttons that control
the oven are located is broken. So, although I can use the stove top,
I can't use the oven, even though the oven works. The Sears repairman
that made this diagnosis says that this part is no longer manufactured
and that I need to buy a new range. Is there anywhere I can find this
part?

Thanks,
Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed

http://www3.sears.com/

Most of Sears gas ranges are GE's. If you can get a part number from the
part you can try getting it from them.

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello

I have a Kenmore slide-in gas range - model number 911.3658811. The
electronic panel where the lcd clock display and buttons that control
the oven are located is broken. So, although I can use the stove top,
I can't use the oven, even though the oven works. The Sears repairman
that made this diagnosis says that this part is no longer manufactured
and that I need to buy a new range. Is there anywhere I can find this
part?

Thanks,
Travis

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for the info. I called looked up the part & wasn't available
for order online. Called the Sears 800 number, asked for the clock/oven
control part (part 23), was quoted a price of $274.

Does anyone know of any other companies offering the same part at a
lower price?

Posted to alt.home.repair

Thanks for all your help. I will follow up and let you know what
transpires next.