Default loud buzzing coming from control panel of Kenmore range

Hi all.

There's a LOUD buzzing sound coming from the control panel of my
Kenmore range. I don't know how old the range is, because it came with
the apartment. But, it's one of those sleek stainless-steel types, so
it can't be that old.

All burners work, and so does the oven. But the buzzing is driving me
crazy!!! Anyone else experience this.

If it's helpful, the model is 665.95823003.

Thanks!

Appliance Repair Aid

Hi all.

There's a LOUD buzzing sound coming from the control panel of my
Kenmore range. I don't know how old the range is, because it came

with
the apartment. But, it's one of those sleek stainless-steel types, so
it can't be that old.

All burners work, and so does the oven. But the buzzing is driving me
crazy!!! Anyone else experience this.

If it's helpful, the model is 665.95823003.

Thanks!

Hi,

There's a LOUD buzzing sound coming from the control panel of my
Kenmore range.

Looks like 2 possible trouble makers ( you may not know which unless
you have a peek/listen to them )...

Clock has a transformer on it...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=938995
Electronic control board.

Seperate transformer...
http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R=153&N=904525
Transformer.

jeff.
Appliance Repair Aid
http://www.applianceaid.com/

Mikepier

If it has an analog clock on it,could it be the timer? Older models had
a timer on the clock by pushing in the clock adjuster. To shut it off,
you moved the timer indicator to the 12 o' clock position.

stretch

My stove has a mechanical busser/alarm on it. when the timer gets to
the end of the cycle, the buzzer starts buzzing. It is tough to shut
off. It is so bad sometimes that the wife wants a new stove:-).
everything else works ok. maybe you have the same prob. My stove is a
whirlpool, I think they make the Kenmore for Sears also.

Stretch

PaPaPeng

On 9 Apr 2005 13:14:36 -0700, "stretch" wrote:

My stove has a mechanical busser/alarm on it. when the timer gets to
the end of the cycle, the buzzer starts buzzing. It is tough to shut
off. It is so bad sometimes that the wife wants a new stove:-).
everything else works ok. maybe you have the same prob. My stove is a
whirlpool, I think they make the Kenmore for Sears also.

Stretch

Had the same complaint. Its mechanical so its "screw-up-able" If it
has a striker arm pull back the striker so that it doesn't touch the
noisemaker. If something else dampen the sound by gluing on felt or
just use that double sided tape with a foam core.

I'll check the alarm angle, although I cut the power to the range and
the buzzing was still there when I put the power back on... it's a
digital clock...

thanks, everyone for responding!

PaPaPeng wrote:
On 9 Apr 2005 13:14:36 -0700, "stretch" wrote:

My stove has a mechanical busser/alarm on it. when the timer gets

the end of the cycle, the buzzer starts buzzing. It is tough to

shut
off. It is so bad sometimes that the wife wants a new stove:-).
everything else works ok. maybe you have the same prob. My stove

is a
whirlpool, I think they make the Kenmore for Sears also.

Stretch

Had the same complaint. Its mechanical so its "screw-up-able" If it
has a striker arm pull back the striker so that it doesn't touch the
noisemaker. If something else dampen the sound by gluing on felt or
just use that double sided tape with a foam core.

Posted to alt.home.repair

replying to Chuck B., Leslie Edwards wrote:
. http://www.repairclinic.com/referral.asp?R 3&N�8995 Electronic control

board.
My Kenmore gas oven control board is humming. I don't use the timed-oven
features but the control board began humming yesterday and I don't know why

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...ange-7520-.htm

OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
Amana Fridge/Freezer - Control Panel Is Dead? [email protected] Electronics Repair 2 August 30th 04 04:49 AM
60 Hz buzzing noise coming from floor Jonny R Home Repair 11 June 19th 04 09:56 PM
Help upgrading Service panel from 60A to 125A, please. DaveG Home Repair 33 December 3rd 03 03:57 AM
Norweb Electra Tech Control Panel tony UK diy 0 August 29th 03 04:18 PM