Posted to alt.home.repair
jimi

Default Hydronic Heat Pressure too high

Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham
boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to
reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"jimi" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham
boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to
reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

Not to be critical
You actually think someone can give you the steps with out seeing the
installation?

Call a local boiler pro and have them give you an assessment.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Slim Bastard

If your in canada, and from the email it seems you may be, contact the
Wolseley Plbg&Htg in your area. Guys are fantastic, sell stuff your furnace
man buys and marks up insanely.
And have been great to me, bought a 125K btu gas furnace and installed it in
house we just sold. Crooks wanted $4K for unit installed. Superior unit
cost 1,400 including parts. Dumb ole me had the install done in a 10 hour
day.
Do a google on wolseley. Staff are knowledgable and prices cheap. You
probably just need to adjust your flow rates, they will show you how.
"SQLit" wrote in message

"jimi" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham
boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to
reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

Not to be critical
You actually think someone can give you the steps with out seeing the
installation?

Call a local boiler pro and have them give you an assessment.

Junior Member

Location: New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimi
Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham
boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to
reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)
Have you tried the pressure reducing valve?
Posted to alt.home.repair
marson

I've had that problem only to discover I had inadvertantly tripped the
quick fill valve. I flipped it back to where it belonged, bled off
some pressure and was back to 12.