DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Hydronic Heat Pressure too high (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/144735-hydronic-heat-pressure-too-high.html)

jimi February 14th 06 03:25 PM

Hydronic Heat Pressure too high

Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham
boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to
reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

SQLit February 14th 06 06:00 PM

Hydronic Heat Pressure too high

"jimi" wrote in message
ups.com...
Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham
boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to
reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

Not to be critical
You actually think someone can give you the steps with out seeing the
installation?

Call a local boiler pro and have them give you an assessment.

Slim Bastard February 14th 06 09:28 PM

Hydronic Heat Pressure too high

If your in canada, and from the email it seems you may be, contact the
Wolseley Plbg&Htg in your area. Guys are fantastic, sell stuff your furnace
man buys and marks up insanely.
And have been great to me, bought a 125K btu gas furnace and installed it in
house we just sold. Crooks wanted $4K for unit installed. Superior unit
cost 1,400 including parts. Dumb ole me had the install done in a 10 hour
day.
Do a google on wolseley. Staff are knowledgable and prices cheap. You
probably just need to adjust your flow rates, they will show you how.
"SQLit" wrote in message

ups.com...

a1steelbuildings February 14th 06 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jimi
Just bought a 25 year old single story house with a burnham
boiler,.Pressure on the gage is a steady 25psi. What steps do I take to
reduce the pressure to 12 psi. (Lots of clunking noise in boiler)

Have you tried the pressure reducing valve?

marson February 15th 06 01:28 AM

Hydronic Heat Pressure too high

I've had that problem only to discover I had inadvertantly tripped the
quick fill valve. I flipped it back to where it belonged, bled off
some pressure and was back to 12.