Posted to alt.home.repair
lls8000

Default Removing epoxy

I'm removing shower doors from a fiberglas tub, and while they came out
just fine, and there are minimal holes to fill, the lower track was
attached with a hard epoxy. I'm looking for tips for removing the
epoxy, without doing damage to the edge of the tub. Thanks, Lls

Posted to alt.home.repair
jmagerl

THe only way I know of to remove epoxy is to soften it up with a heat gun
and scrap it off. It remains to be seen if you can do that without damaging
the tub

"lls8000" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm removing shower doors from a fiberglas tub, and while they came out
just fine, and there are minimal holes to fill, the lower track was
attached with a hard epoxy. I'm looking for tips for removing the
epoxy, without doing damage to the edge of the tub. Thanks, Lls

Posted to alt.home.repair
roy

If the tub is iron or steel then you can soften the epoxy with acetone.
If the tub is fiberglass or plastic then this will not work without
damaging the tub. Use a natural bristle brush and repeat application
till the epoxy is softened then scrape off with a sharp scraper. the
fumes will be bad so be careful and NO SMOKING or heat guns with
acetone around.

2 Part Epoxy vs. One Part for Garage floor? [email protected] Home Repair 23 November 4th 19 06:18 PM
Moving hot water cylinder, maybe into loft, maybe removing chimney [email protected] UK diy 1 November 18th 05 10:32 AM
Buffing? Darren Woodturning 4 October 6th 04 04:56 PM
Epoxy and machine building.... Richard Nienhuis Metalworking 19 December 20th 03 12:56 AM
glue in knotholes T. Woodworking 8 October 8th 03 11:41 PM