Posted to alt.home.repair
Chas12

Default Bath fan replacement

Hi,
I will be replacing the bath ceiling exhaust fan in my daughter's condo. I
already took out the original one,which was motorless (?). Anyway, any tips
on getting the new one up there, since I only have the 8 X 8 opening to work
with?
Thanks,
Chas

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Chas12 wrote:
Hi,
I will be replacing the bath ceiling exhaust fan in my daughter's
condo. I already took out the original one,which was motorless (?).
Anyway, any tips on getting the new one up there, since I only have
the 8 X 8 opening to work with?
Thanks,
Chas

It is possible that they have a remote fan possibly serving a number of
sources? Of course it could also be possible that the fan died and someone
just took it out.

Do you have access to it from above? Does it have a duct that you can
connect to?

I suggest that you look for a quiet fan and go for the little extra
quality. It does make a difference.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
Chas12

Thanks,

The original was 'motorless", I guess someone pulled it out when it stopped
working and didn't bother replacing it. I took the whole housing down
because it was a mess. There is a 3" flex duct, and wiring, which we already
changed over to a wall mounted switch.
Chas

It is possible that they have a remote fan possibly serving a number of
sources? Of course it could also be possible that the fan died and
someone just took it out.

Do you have access to it from above? Does it have a duct that you can
connect to?

I suggest that you look for a quiet fan and go for the little extra
quality. It does make a difference.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
jdk

Chas12 wrote:
Hi,
I will be replacing the bath ceiling exhaust fan in my daughter's condo. I
already took out the original one,which was motorless (?). Anyway, any tips
on getting the new one up there, since I only have the 8 X 8 opening to work
with?
Thanks,
Chas

look into the panasonic fans. i replaced both my bath fans and i am
happy with them. they are very quiet.
Posted to alt.home.repair

buy a quality fan. Panasonics are what I use and are GREAT!
Very quiet fans and look like they a built to last.

Posted to alt.home.repair
stevie

a similar question-
I'm looking at doing the same thing in my bathrooms (2).

However, it appears that the replacements will have to be the same size as
what is currently in the ceiling. If I decide on Panasonic, I'm not sure
they would have the same size units as I currently have.

My current fans are Nutone combination fan, light, heater.

Do I have to replace with the same size units??
"Joseph Meehan" wrote in message
. ..
wrote:
buy a quality fan. Panasonics are what I use and are GREAT!
Very quiet fans and look like they a built to last.

I will second that.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Posted to alt.home.repair
jdk

wrote:

buy a quality fan. Panasonics are what I use and are GREAT!
Very quiet fans and look like they a built to last.

I will second that.

unless you get the same model chances are you will have some drywall
patching. i had to patch my ceiling.
Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

Panasonics are what I use and are GREAT!
Very quiet fans and look like they a built to last.

I will second that.

Ironic brand name, though. ;-)

It started out with consumer audio products, as a brand owned by
Matsu****a Electronics, IIRC, then branched out. I don't know who
owns or makes Panasonic branded products now.

But the name literally implies everything but silent.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Posted to alt.home.repair
PrecisionMechanical

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message

Matsu****a Electronics

Our youngest son went to regular grade school with one of the big wigs
son's....right here in the good ole USA

Regular people, albeit the family is insanely rich.....kinduva a reality
check at a young age for my son at an early age is all, so far as I can
figure.

....LOL....

As a kindergartner, the kid was intensely focused on making sure that his
last name was pronounced correctly...

--

SVL

Posted to alt.home.repair
PrecisionMechanical

"PrecisionMechanical" wrote in message

"~^Johnny^~" wrote in message

Matsu****a Electronics

Our youngest son went to regular grade school with one of the big wigs
son's....right here in the good ole USA

Regular people, albeit the family is insanely rich.....kinduva a reality
check at a young age for my son at an early age is all, so far as I can
figure.

...LOL....

As a kindergartner, the kid was intensely focused on making sure that his
last name was pronounced correctly...

Kinda like tryingna say "Matsu****a potatoes"....least it always sounded
that way to me..

--

SVL

Posted to alt.home.repair
~^Johnny^~

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 01:08:26 -0800, "PrecisionMechanical"
wrote:

As a kindergartner, the kid was intensely focused on making sure that his
last name was pronounced correctly...

In grade school (I forget which grades), I shared a class with Maria
Suzuki. I never did ask her if she had any ties with the company or
its owners... even at 7 tears old, I was too embarrassed to ask such
questions.

--
-john
wide-open at throttle dot info
Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

It is pronounced "Matsu****a".

Bath shelving Vass UK diy 3 February 6th 06 12:20 PM
Tiling behind bath? or tile down to bath? xxx UK diy 7 January 10th 06 02:41 AM
Paint a green bath white? Paul Clarke UK diy 3 March 27th 04 01:03 AM
Bath Oil damage [email protected] UK diy 6 February 15th 04 07:48 PM
Rubber strip for front edge of bath David W.E. Roberts UK diy 9 October 14th 03 11:50 AM