Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve B

Default Cutting 1/2" rebar

"NickySantoro" wrote in message
I need to cut some 1/2" rebar. I have a Sawzall with a metal cutting
blade and a circular saw with a cut off wheel. I don't have a torch or
access to one or a decent bolt cutter. Ideas on the best method to cut
this stuff?
TIA

My favorites, in order of preference

Ironworker hydraulic cutter
cut off saw
LONG pair of bolt cutters
band saw
grinder
hack saw

Depends on how much you are going to do, where you are going to do it, other
variables.

BTW, I got a pair of bolt cutters at a police auction for $10. They are
American made, and will cut just about anything. Really handy for lots of
things.

Steve

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Steve B wrote:
"NickySantoro" wrote in message

I need to cut some 1/2" rebar. I have a Sawzall with a metal cutting
blade and a circular saw with a cut off wheel. I don't have a torch or
access to one or a decent bolt cutter. Ideas on the best method to cut
this stuff?
TIA

My favorites, in order of preference

Ironworker hydraulic cutter
cut off saw
LONG pair of bolt cutters
band saw
grinder
hack saw

Depends on how much you are going to do, where you are going to do it, other
variables.

BTW, I got a pair of bolt cutters at a police auction for $10. They are
American made, and will cut just about anything. Really handy for lots of
things.

Yeah, I bet the crook that got nabbed with them really misses them!

Next lot is a set of burglar's tools - assorted lockpicks, jimmies and
other breaking and entering related gear. Who'll start off the
bidding? Can I get $10?

Other than the band saw, the order seems right to me.