Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Cutting 1/2" rebar

I would use an angle grinder with the appropriate cutting wheel.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Sev

Maybe depends how much you're gonna cut. For modest amount, I've used
circ saw w metal cutting blade- if you do, wear goggles and long
sleeves- it's a sparkly job.

Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT

I agree, have done it this way for a modest job. Had to do it after dark,
made some pretty fireworks.

"Sev" wrote in message
oups.com...
Maybe depends how much you're gonna cut. For modest amount, I've used
circ saw w metal cutting blade- if you do, wear goggles and long
sleeves- it's a sparkly job.

Posted to alt.home.repair
louie

I've preferred the angle grinder with cutoff wheel myself. It's much
easier to handle than a circular saw. If you had only one or two
pieces, go with the sawzall (safer than a circ-saw). If you have more
than a couple, use the angle grinder - or circular saw if you don't
have the grinder (though a cheap one can usually be found at Harbor
Freight for $25 or so).

Posted to alt.home.repair

Sev wrote:
Maybe depends how much you're gonna cut. For modest amount, I've used
circ saw w metal cutting blade- if you do, wear goggles and long
sleeves- it's a sparkly job.

You only need to cut about half way through the rebar, then you'll be
able to break it off by bending the rebar at the cut. I cut over 240
pieces this way with a hacksaw and I only went through 2 blades. Hope
this helps.

Doug