Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Default Touch Lamp Nightmare

Well, my new sensor arrived and I very carefully installed it reading and
rereading the instructions. I was pretty proud of myself as I plugged it
in.....POP!!!!!! It was over in a flash, no pun intended. I must have
crossed a wire somewhere, oh well, I've got one of those dimmer plugs and
that'll just have to do. Now, where's that damn cat!

Posted to alt.home.repair
Warren Weber

"Don" wrote in message ...
Well, my new sensor arrived and I very carefully installed it reading and
rereading the instructions. I was pretty proud of myself as I plugged it
in.....POP!!!!!! It was over in a flash, no pun intended. I must have
crossed a wire somewhere, oh well, I've got one of those dimmer plugs and
that'll just have to do. Now, where's that damn cat!

Did you wire it IN SERIES with the line and not ACROSS the line voltage?

Posted to alt.home.repair
dnoyeB

Don wrote:
Well, my new sensor arrived and I very carefully installed it reading and
rereading the instructions. I was pretty proud of myself as I plugged it
in.....POP!!!!!! It was over in a flash, no pun intended. I must have
crossed a wire somewhere, oh well, I've got one of those dimmer plugs and
that'll just have to do. Now, where's that damn cat!

I recall installing a non-grounded outlet with a switch in my old house
to replace the one that was grounded with a switch. I cant recall what
I did but I blew up the switch in an instant. I had to hunt long and
hard to find another switch that was only 2 prong.

--
Thank you,

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Don wrote:

Well, my new sensor arrived and I very carefully installed it reading and
rereading the instructions. I was pretty proud of myself as I plugged it
in.....POP!!!!!! It was over in a flash, no pun intended. I must have
crossed a wire somewhere, oh well, I've got one of those dimmer plugs and
that'll just have to do. Now, where's that damn cat!

OW! Ah feel your pain Don.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Touch Lamp Repair don Home Repair 24 March 2nd 18 06:14 AM
touch lamp queries [email protected] UK diy 4 January 25th 06 01:25 PM
Under cabinet fluorescent touch lamp? [email protected] Home Repair 0 June 16th 05 08:40 PM
Samsung HLN4365W HDTV Lamp Dies David W. McGaffney Electronics Repair 2 May 16th 04 04:39 PM
Touch lamp not working when touched. Steve UK diy 7 January 6th 04 09:12 PM