Posted to alt.home.repair
Don

Default Touch Lamp Nightmare

"Warren Weber" hiview68NO wrote in message

"Don" wrote in message ...
Well, my new sensor arrived and I very carefully installed it reading

and
rereading the instructions. I was pretty proud of myself as I plugged it
in.....POP!!!!!! It was over in a flash, no pun intended. I must have
crossed a wire somewhere, oh well, I've got one of those dimmer plugs

and
that'll just have to do. Now, where's that damn cat!

Did you wire it IN SERIES with the line and not ACROSS the line voltage?

I don't know what that means. The diagram that came with the sensor shows
black to black, red to white and black, white to black. Trouble is, all the
wire in my lamp is black, thats where I just guessed.