Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Leak somewhere around chimney, ? repair techniques?

what a problem....
we have a two flue brick chimney about 15ft by 4ft, 4 to 7 ft high, on a
downward sloping shingled roof
metal flashing is at base of chimney from brick into shingles
Problem:
heavy rains results in water drips at lower end of chimney coming
through wood roof boards.
So far I have had roofers reseal the metal flashing 3 different times.

The brick chimney has been rechinked (by me) several years ago in a
nonprofessional way by stuffing cement into mortared spaces between bricks.
Some of this has come out but I am not certain this ever fixed problem

Does anyone have suggestions on techniques or tradesmen to hire out and
repair this problem?
I have tried to find someone to rechink the chimney without luck

Any suggestions on techniques will be apreciated.