Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Default Leak somewhere around chimney, ? repair techniques?

Bob wrote:
what a problem....
we have a two flue brick chimney about 15ft by 4ft, 4 to 7 ft high,
on a downward sloping shingled roof
metal flashing is at base of chimney from brick into shingles
Problem:
heavy rains results in water drips at lower end of chimney coming
through wood roof boards.
So far I have had roofers reseal the metal flashing 3 different
times.

The brick chimney has been rechinked (by me) several years ago in a
nonprofessional way by stuffing cement into mortared spaces between
bricks. Some of this has come out but I am not certain this ever
fixed problem

Does anyone have suggestions on techniques or tradesmen to hire out
and repair this problem?
I have tried to find someone to rechink the chimney without luck

Any suggestions on techniques will be apreciated.

Check the yellow pages for a chimney sweep. Ask them for the name of
someone to do the work if they don't do it.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit