Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Savoy

Default Gas fire place ignitor

I would like to install an ignitor on my vented gas fireplace. Does anyone
know of any company that makes such a kit? I thought about installing the
kind of ignitor that comes on the outdoor gas stoves. The wires would have
to be extended and uninsulated so that they could withstand the heat.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Some of them already come with them. Call your manufacturer and ask if they
have a kit.

"Mark Savoy" wrote in message
. com...
I would like to install an ignitor on my vented gas fireplace. Does

anyone
know of any company that makes such a kit? I thought about installing the
kind of ignitor that comes on the outdoor gas stoves. The wires would

have
to be extended and uninsulated so that they could withstand the heat.

Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas?

Considerations for false Chimney breast for gas fire ChrisJ UK diy 6 December 5th 05 09:05 PM
raw land -- finding the place that works Jim Home Ownership 0 September 8th 05 04:40 AM
Friend Blames Me for House Fire indago Home Repair 47 January 14th 04 11:27 AM
gas fire leak test andy smith UK diy 5 September 26th 03 10:28 PM
Extra wide door OLE DOC BONER Home Repair 7 September 6th 03 09:19 PM