Posted to alt.home.repair
Evodawg

Default CROWN MOLDING price per foot?

I have about 200' of 6" MDF already painted crown molding needing install.
What would be a fair price per foot to pay to have it installed? There are
different angles involved, one bay window and a transition to a cathedral
ceiling. I live in Southern California if that matters.

Thanks,
Rich
Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Evodawg wrote:
I have about 200' of 6" MDF already painted crown molding needing install.
What would be a fair price per foot to pay to have it installed? There are
different angles involved, one bay window and a transition to a cathedral
ceiling. I live in Southern California if that matters.

It does. It also matters whether it's Blythe or Malibu.

The easiest way to get an idea and number with some backing to it is to
call around locally.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Phisherman

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 01:58:38 GMT, Evodawg
wrote:

I have about 200' of 6" MDF already painted crown molding needing install.
What would be a fair price per foot to pay to have it installed? There are
different angles involved, one bay window and a transition to a cathedral
ceiling. I live in Southern California if that matters.

Thanks,
Rich

About $500 per average room with average height is about right,
includes caulking and finish. Expect to pay more for cathedral
ceilings or multii-layered molding.