Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Roofing Material

Is the new metal roofing any good? I see alot of houses with it now. Is
it just a fad or does it work as it was engineered to work?

Posted to alt.home.repair
No

wrote in message
oups.com...
Is the new metal roofing any good? I see alot of houses with it now. Is
it just a fad or does it work as it was engineered to work?

Its good - called, usually, "standing seam". It must be installed properly.
When comparing divergent products the lower gauge number means a heavier
duty material. Its not for walking on or for areas where there is a high
risk of things dropping on it. It can dent.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark and Kim Smith

Joseph Meehan wrote:

wrote:

Is the new metal roofing any good? I see alot of houses with it now.
Is it just a fad or does it work as it was engineered to work?

Metal roofing has been around a long time, and most of it last a long
time. It is not really new. It is one of many good roofing materials
available. What is best for you will depend greatly on the design of the
building, and the environment the building is in. I would be happy to use it
on my home, but it would look a little out of place in my development.

Maybe he means the metal shingles?? http://www.gerardusa.com
Posted to alt.home.repair
Joseph Meehan

Mark and Kim Smith wrote:
Joseph Meehan wrote:

wrote:

Is the new metal roofing any good? I see alot of houses with it now.
Is it just a fad or does it work as it was engineered to work?

Metal roofing has been around a long time, and most of it last a
long time. It is not really new. It is one of many good roofing
materials available. What is best for you will depend greatly on the
design of the building, and the environment the building is in. I
would be happy to use it on my home, but it would look a little out
of place in my development.

Maybe he means the metal shingles?? http://www.gerardusa.com

I was assuming that was part of the mix. Other than the fact that they
don't have a long history of wide use, they seem to fit all the other
comments about metal roofs. Actually they do fit in architecturally
better.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

Metal Roofing ptgoodman Home Repair 7 July 13th 06 02:47 AM
OT-DIY Rubber roofing Al A. Metalworking 18 August 25th 05 02:53 AM
Roofing Material? gus Home Ownership 3 May 11th 05 01:45 AM
roofing material recommendation George Macomber Home Repair 0 February 17th 05 01:13 PM
Rolled Roofing Blowing Off Manufactured Home, Repair Expensive? AJ Home Ownership 5 July 9th 03 12:12 AM