Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard

Default Slide out pantry

We will be renovating the kitchen this year, and one area we want to
renovate is a small pantry next to the refrigerator. It's getting harder
for us to bend down to get things on the bottom, and even to reach inside
to get stuff is getting more difficult. We've seen the slide out pantry
cabinets on some of the shows and in showrooms, and we were wondering if
there was any way to install a built-in version - in short, convert the
standard pantry to a slide-out type? Googling has only brought up the
under-cabinet types of slide out pantry shelves, if anyone has a good link
it would be most appreciated.

Richard
Posted to alt.home.repair
Kathy

"Richard" wrote in message
We will be renovating the kitchen this year, and

one area we want to
renovate is a small pantry next to the

refrigerator. It's getting harder
for us to bend down to get things on the bottom,

and even to reach inside
to get stuff is getting more difficult. We've

seen the slide out pantry
cabinets on some of the shows and in showrooms,

and we were wondering if
there was any way to install a built-in version -

in short, convert the
standard pantry to a slide-out type? Googling has

only brought up the
under-cabinet types of slide out pantry shelves,

if anyone has a good link
it would be most appreciated.

Richard

I saw some nice one today at Lowe's. Also saw dish
racks that pull out like a deep drawer. I really
liked them.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:25:39 GMT, Richard wrote:

We will be renovating the kitchen this year, and one area we want to
renovate is a small pantry next to the refrigerator. It's getting harder
for us to bend down to get things on the bottom, and even to reach inside
to get stuff is getting more difficult. We've seen the slide out pantry
cabinets on some of the shows and in showrooms, and we were wondering if
there was any way to install a built-in version - in short, convert the
standard pantry to a slide-out type? Googling has only brought up the
under-cabinet types of slide out pantry shelves, if anyone has a good link
it would be most appreciated.

Richard

I was looking for ideas for stereo stuff. Maybe this will help.

http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/prin...709890,00.html

Oren

excused from saving Universes."
Posted to alt.home.repair
Cliff Hartle

Try

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...ntry%20Systems

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11089

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=10079

"Richard" wrote in message
We will be renovating the kitchen this year, and one area we want to
renovate is a small pantry next to the refrigerator. It's getting harder
for us to bend down to get things on the bottom, and even to reach inside
to get stuff is getting more difficult. We've seen the slide out pantry
cabinets on some of the shows and in showrooms, and we were wondering if
there was any way to install a built-in version - in short, convert the
standard pantry to a slide-out type? Googling has only brought up the
under-cabinet types of slide out pantry shelves, if anyone has a good link
it would be most appreciated.

Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair
Ray

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43722,43723

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...=3,43722,43723

They have others also. CDN $, you can switch currency if needed.

"Richard" wrote in message
We will be renovating the kitchen this year, and one area we want to
renovate is a small pantry next to the refrigerator. It's getting harder
for us to bend down to get things on the bottom, and even to reach

inside
to get stuff is getting more difficult. We've seen the slide out pantry
cabinets on some of the shows and in showrooms, and we were wondering if
there was any way to install a built-in version - in short, convert the
standard pantry to a slide-out type? Googling has only brought up the
under-cabinet types of slide out pantry shelves, if anyone has a good

link
it would be most appreciated.

Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair
nospambob

I bought full extension bottom mount drawer slides and used 1/2"
Baltic Birch for the drawers. Slides mount in the center of the
drawer and attach to existing shelves. Can't imagine life without
them now.

On Sun, 08 Jan 2006 00:25:39 GMT, Richard wrote:

We will be renovating the kitchen this year, and one area we want to
renovate is a small pantry next to the refrigerator. It's getting harder
for us to bend down to get things on the bottom, and even to reach inside
to get stuff is getting more difficult. We've seen the slide out pantry
cabinets on some of the shows and in showrooms, and we were wondering if
there was any way to install a built-in version - in short, convert the
standard pantry to a slide-out type? Googling has only brought up the
under-cabinet types of slide out pantry shelves, if anyone has a good link
it would be most appreciated.

Richard

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Richard" wrote in message
We will be renovating the kitchen this year, and one area we want to
renovate is a small pantry next to the refrigerator. It's getting harder
for us to bend down to get things on the bottom, and even to reach inside
to get stuff is getting more difficult. We've seen the slide out pantry
cabinets on some of the shows and in showrooms, and we were wondering if
there was any way to install a built-in version - in short, convert the
standard pantry to a slide-out type? Googling has only brought up the
under-cabinet types of slide out pantry shelves, if anyone has a good link
it would be most appreciated.

Richard

There are serious loading weight issues with the slide outs. Let alone the
costs involved.

I offer this site.

http://www.usifaz.com/

They happen to be close to my home. The site is all pdf format and you will
have to call them. They ship anywhere and accept credit cards for more than
$5.00.

Their kitchen stuff is 1/2 the cost of the box stores. I installed one of
their double trash bins in my last kitchen. Along with the kitchen sink
drawer tilt downs.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard

Thank you to all who answered.

"Ray" wrote in
:

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...at=3,43722,437
23

http://www.leevalley.com/hardware/pa...at=3,43722,437
23

They have others also. CDN $, you can switch currency if needed.

"Cliff Hartle" wrote in message
Try

http://wwhardware.com/catalog.cfm/Gr...0Bath%20Organi
zers/CatID/Kitchen%20Cabinet%20Organizers/SubCatID/KV%20Pantry%20System