Posted to alt.home.repair
User Name

Default Washer Dryer Pedestal Platforms?

I have a 5 year old Kenmore front loading washer dryer set that
probably is no longer manufatured.
I'd like to get raised pedestals for them. Are there generic pedestals
or does each model washer dryer have their own unique pedestal that
fits only that model?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"User Name" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 5 year old Kenmore front loading washer dryer set that
probably is no longer manufatured.
I'd like to get raised pedestals for them. Are there generic pedestals
or does each model washer dryer have their own unique pedestal that
fits only that model?

They are generic and (IMHO) overpriced. You could get someone to make you
some cheaper.....

Posted to alt.home.repair
buffalobill

if you phone sears parts with your model numbers they should be able to
advise you what accessories and their part numbers may be in stock.
first try
http://www.repairclinic.com/0047_11.asp
then try
http://www3.sears.com/

Posted to alt.home.repair
Tom

"User Name" wrote in message
oups.com...
I have a 5 year old Kenmore front loading washer dryer set that
probably is no longer manufatured.
I'd like to get raised pedestals for them. Are there generic pedestals
or does each model washer dryer have their own unique pedestal that
fits only that model?

If you have the machines that are made by Whirlpool, the current pedestals
should work. If you have the machines made by Frigidaire, then as of last
October (when I retired for the 2nd time) there was still a pedestal
available as they still offered basically the same machine you have as their
lowest price version. I don't think the pedestal is available through parts
as it was a retail store item. As another posters said, you could
manufacture your own using wood. By the way, if you have the machine made
by Whirlpool, you have to be very careful when turning the washer upside
down to install the pedestal or you could damage the washer.

Tom G.

Posted to alt.home.repair
User Name

I did a search on those sites and found nothing. They only allow you
to search for replacement parts and the pedestal is a separate item and
not a part of the machine.
There is no way to find out if any of the existing pedestals will be a
fit to an older washer and dryer. Maybe they never made a pedestal for
the model I have, but there is no way to know at this point.
It doesn't seem to make sense that the underbodies for the washers and
dryers are all unique so pedestals would not work for more than one
model though, but I suppose dimensions could be off by a couple inches
each way between models.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dr. Hardcrab

"User Name" wrote in message
oups.com...
I did a search on those sites and found nothing. They only allow you
to search for replacement parts and the pedestal is a separate item and
not a part of the machine.
There is no way to find out if any of the existing pedestals will be a
fit to an older washer and dryer. Maybe they never made a pedestal for
the model I have, but there is no way to know at this point.
It doesn't seem to make sense that the underbodies for the washers and
dryers are all unique so pedestals would not work for more than one
model though, but I suppose dimensions could be off by a couple inches
each way between models.

The Kenmore and Whirlpool models are (basically) the same thing. Lowes has
the pedestals:

http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?actio... r%20pedestal