Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair
Sir Topham Hatt

Default Bluestone patio base question

For my new addition, I am planning on installing a bluestone patio. To avoid a
3 - 4 step drop to the patio from my family room, the GC wants to raise the
patio area. Now, I know that soil should be at least 6 inches away from any
wood material (clapboard siding, sheathing, etc..) of a home, but my GC told me
since the material uses to raise the grade will be gravel and stone dust, so,
there is no need to worry about covering properly flashed plywood sheathing with
this patio base material since it will not retain water. Is he ****ting me or
what?

thxs

Mobile base for a drill press David Lankford Woodworking 13 February 20th 05 05:20 PM
Pinning new patio to existing foundation Jeff Home Repair 0 January 21st 04 03:24 AM
Shower base repair Kevin Webb UK diy 0 January 19th 04 03:09 AM
Review of the new Porter Cable 895PK- Part 1 Greg G. Woodworking 37 January 8th 04 02:37 AM
Porter Cable 690 router mounted to TS extension, do I use plunge base or standard Montyhp Woodworking 3 July 24th 03 02:58 PM