Posted to alt.home.repair
Sir Topham Hatt

Default Bluestone patio base question

Dan,
Can you elaborate on why you would not do this?
I still have the option of building stairs down to the patio, but I have to make
my decsions this week.

thxs

Dan Espen wrote:

Sir Topham Hatt writes:

All,
More facts to clarify my original post:

1) House sits on a poured cement foundation wall.
2) The desire is to have a single step out to a bluestone patio, instead of a 3
-4 step, from the family room.

3) The idea is to raise the patio, any wood material (sill plate, rim joist,
plywood sheathing) that comes in contact with the patio base, will be prepped
with 30 # felt, then flashed with copper.

4) The base of the patio wil consist of trap rock and stone dust.

5) The patio will be pitched away from the foundation.
6) The house is sided with vinyl.

No way I'd do that to my house.

If you really want to come up that high, put in a deck,
not a patio.