Posted to alt.home.repair
calhoun

Default Bluestone patio base question

"Sir Topham Hatt" wrote in message
For my new addition, I am planning on installing a bluestone patio. To
avoid a
3 - 4 step drop to the patio from my family room, the GC wants to raise
the
patio area. Now, I know that soil should be at least 6 inches away from
any
wood material (clapboard siding, sheathing, etc..) of a home, but my GC
told me
since the material uses to raise the grade will be gravel and stone dust,
so,
there is no need to worry about covering properly flashed plywood
sheathing with
this patio base material since it will not retain water. Is he ****ting
me or
what?

thxs

3-4 steps that's like over 2ft of fill. No way would I bury wood 2 ' deep. I
don't know where you are located but around here you cannot have any wood in
contact with the ground because of termite and carpenter ants.