Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

Default Bluestone patio base question

There should be an impenetrable barrier between the two. Contractors go in
and out of business all the time, and if it isn't done right, you'll be
stuck paying for major repairs. Get a couple of other opinions.

"Sir Topham Hatt" wrote in message
For my new addition, I am planning on installing a bluestone patio. To

avoid a
3 - 4 step drop to the patio from my family room, the GC wants to raise

the
patio area. Now, I know that soil should be at least 6 inches away from

any
wood material (clapboard siding, sheathing, etc..) of a home, but my GC

told me
since the material uses to raise the grade will be gravel and stone dust,

so,
there is no need to worry about covering properly flashed plywood

sheathing with
this patio base material since it will not retain water. Is he ****ting

me or
what?