Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who makes "Hi-Y" wire nuts ?

I've obtained some yellow colored wire nuts that have the words "Hi-Y"
and "22-10" in small letters on the top. I would like to know who
manufactured them so I can look up what the minimum and maximum number
of wires of a given size they will hold.

I do know that Ideal Industries' red colored wire nuts have the words
"BUCHANON" and "B2" in small letters on the top, so I don't think mine
are made by Ideal.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Reed

j wrote:
I've obtained some yellow colored wire nuts that have the words "Hi-Y"
and "22-10" in small letters on the top. I would like to know who
manufactured them so I can look up what the minimum and maximum number
of wires of a given size they will hold.

I do know that Ideal Industries' red colored wire nuts have the words
"BUCHANON" and "B2" in small letters on the top, so I don't think mine
are made by Ideal.

Made by Thomas & Betts
go to
http://elec-cat.tnb.com/tnbcat/tnbca...ld_webcat_page
and search on Cat# 10-602-H
Posted to alt.home.repair

Reed wrote:

Made by Thomas & Betts...

Thanks for responding. My initial search produced nothing so that's
why I posted the question. Later I dug deeper and found this gem:

http://www.tnb.com/contractor/docs/electricians.pdf

On page 10 I found my answer and capacity comparisons with several
manufacturers of 3 syles of wire connnectors. I was surprised to see
that 3M's yellow "Scotchlok-Y" and "Q/B" did NOT have the capacity to
hold three #12 wires.

Posted to alt.home.repair

j wrote:

Thanks for responding. My initial search produced nothing so that's
why I posted the question. Later I dug deeper and found this gem:

http://www.tnb.com/contractor/docs/electricians.pdf

Sorry, wrong page. Try this:

http://stevenengineering.com//Tech_S...Fs/34PCONN.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair
Vince

I think both refs are useful.

However, I would like to know if the color scheme is standardized by
the various manufacturers ???

On 30 Dec 2005 10:49:10 -0800, "j" wrote:

j wrote:

Thanks for responding. My initial search produced nothing so that's
why I posted the question. Later I dug deeper and found this gem:

http://www.tnb.com/contractor/docs/electricians.pdf

Sorry, wrong page. Try this:

http://stevenengineering.com//Tech_S...Fs/34PCONN.pdf

Posted to alt.home.repair

Vince wrote:

However, I would like to know if the color scheme is standardized by
the various manufacturers ???

The answer to that is on page 10 of 34PCONN.pdf