Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

Default Type of pipe for Propane

wrote in message

because this furnace is meant to hang by chains and will likely tend
to move a little from wind when I open the door.

Chains? Are you sure it is not supposed to be threaded rod on hangers?
Seems to me either way you'd want it solid, not dangling.

I'd use copper or black pipe for piping.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob

I've seen them hung by chains, but they were usually a long distance from
the ceiling. I think strong chains might have an advantage over threaded rod
that are more than 6 ft. long. I saw a threaded rod broken once. The only
thing holding the unit was the other threaded rod and the rigid black pipe.

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote in message

wrote in message

because this furnace is meant to hang by chains and will likely tend
to move a little from wind when I open the door.

Chains? Are you sure it is not supposed to be threaded rod on hangers?
Seems to me either way you'd want it solid, not dangling.

I'd use copper or black pipe for piping.

Are push fit plumbing fittings any good? Steve UK diy 75 September 3rd 05 01:56 PM
In Deep Sh*t.... Lobster UK diy 9 August 2nd 05 09:30 PM
electricity on my water pipes Laurent Doiron Home Repair 32 March 30th 04 06:01 PM
undoing cast iron soil pipe joint Alasdair UK diy 8 February 2nd 04 07:17 AM
Sewer line replacement jeff Home Ownership 1 August 27th 03 03:24 AM