Posted to alt.home.repair
Rick

Default Gluing rubber to glass

I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Toller

"Rick" wrote in message
I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

Any other requirements before we try to answer?

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 01:11:48 GMT, Rick wrote:

I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

Water

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

Posted to alt.home.repair
RicodJour

Rick wrote:
I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

http://www.thistothat.com/cgi-bin/gl...ss&that=Rubber

Posted to alt.home.repair
SQLit

"Rick" wrote in message
I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

your looking for bonding adhesive, with strong adhesion, but easy to remove,

You not looking for much are you? Adhesives are not easy to remove by
design.

Posted to alt.home.repair
mm

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:10:54 -0500, "Pop"
wrote:

Egg whites, believe it or not.

I may try that on my car compass suction cup. It's several years old
and really doesn't suck any more. It's basically flat, doesn't spring
back to curved when away from the window, and water only lasts about 3
months at a time. The load is tiny.

I assume the OP has a good suction cup.

OP, give more details. What sort of load,how large a load, what is
the orientation of the suction cup and what is the orientation of the
glass. You can't really expect a good answer with as little info as
you gave.

.. .
wrote:
:
: I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to
afix to a
: piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
: adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent
bond,
: so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to
remove.
:
: Water
:
: Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
: me know if you have posted also.

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.
Posted to alt.home.repair
George E. Cawthon

Rick wrote:
I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

That's why it has a suction base!
Posted to alt.home.repair
Richard J Kinch

Rick writes:

I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

Contact cement.

Glass blowing molds [email protected] Metalworking 13 April 19th 05 05:14 AM
Glueing Glass xavier UK diy 17 November 16th 04 05:29 PM
Gluing Glass I-zheet M'drurz Home Repair 17 September 2nd 04 06:41 PM
TV Remote Control rubber pad(UR50CT1071) used in remote control for Panasonic TV Model TX-29GF10X Steve Electronics Repair 4 November 1st 03 02:27 PM
Shower Glass Story Steve Gontarek UK diy 7 November 1st 03 10:34 AM