DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gluing rubber to glass (https://www.diybanter.com/home-repair/137226-gluing-rubber-glass.html)

Rick December 27th 05 01:11 AM

Gluing rubber to glass

I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

Toller December 27th 05 02:05 AM

Gluing rubber to glass

"Rick" wrote in message
I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

Any other requirements before we try to answer?

mm December 27th 05 02:07 AM

Gluing rubber to glass

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 01:11:48 GMT, Rick wrote:

I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

Water

Remove NOPSAM to email me. Please let
me know if you have posted also.

RicodJour December 27th 05 02:11 AM

Gluing rubber to glass

http://www.thistothat.com/cgi-bin/gl...ss&that=Rubber

SQLit December 27th 05 02:13 AM

Gluing rubber to glass

"Rick" wrote in message
I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

your looking for bonding adhesive, with strong adhesion, but easy to remove,

You not looking for much are you? Adhesives are not easy to remove by
design.

mm December 27th 05 02:25 AM

Gluing rubber to glass

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 21:10:54 -0500, "Pop"
wrote:

Egg whites, believe it or not.

I may try that on my car compass suction cup. It's several years old
and really doesn't suck any more. It's basically flat, doesn't spring
back to curved when away from the window, and water only lasts about 3
months at a time. The load is tiny.

I assume the OP has a good suction cup.

OP, give more details. What sort of load,how large a load, what is
the orientation of the suction cup and what is the orientation of the
glass. You can't really expect a good answer with as little info as
you gave.

.. .
:

George E. Cawthon December 27th 05 02:49 AM

Gluing rubber to glass

Rick wrote:
I have a device with a rubber suction base that I'd like to afix to a
piece of glass. I'd like any ideas about what type of bonding
adhesive would work the best. I'm not looking for a permanent bond,
so it needs to have a strong adhesion yet relatively easy to remove.

That's why it has a suction base!