Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

Default Refrigerator delivery from hell

Lowes delivered a refrigerator this morning. First they took the old one
out and put it in the garage. Then they took the doors off the new one and
brought it in. As they started putting the doors back on my wife realized
it was the wrong color. (Beige instead of white). We call up Lowes.
Meanwhile the delivery guys have backed away from the refrigerator. As I
talk to the salesman I touch the refrigerator and the door falls off banging
my thumb and (I discovered an hour later) my leg. My thumb starts swelling
up and I start treating it with ice. At that point I couldn't figure why
the hardwood floor wasn't damaged (apparently my leg got full force). Lowes
agrees to special order the right color and tells me to use the new
refrigerator. Meanwhile the guy puts the door back on and starts to secure
it with the screws and it drops again to the floor and causes one heck of a
dent in the middle of the hardwood floor of the kitchen. I note on the
receipt my injured thumb, floor, and wrong color refrigerator and the guys
take off. I called up Lowes and they are supposed to send out someone to
look at the floor damage tomorrow. Then I discover a giant and growing
bruise on my leg.

What fun.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

If you're anywhere near Rochester NY, please try either Charlotte Appliance,
or Netzman's next time. Dreamlike experiences with two deliveries a year
ago. The guys from Charlotte noticed that I'd just painted my back door, and
they wrapped it in furniture pads. WHO THE PHUQUE EVER HEARD OF SUCH A
THING??? I think they were college kids, and probably football players or
wrestlers. They handled the appliance like it was a cotton ball. Not a bump,
not a sound. The other dealer did the same with the washer & dryer.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

I had a previous decent delivery from sears. The guys wore heavy harnesses
and actually carried the front loading washer in. This is the giant
Whirpool model.

I switched to lowes though because with the cost of appliance repairs, they
provide reasonable relief with a 4 year service agreement that starts after
your warranty is over for under $100. Sears charges 3 times that.

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
[...]

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Art" wrote in message
ink.net...
I had a previous decent delivery from sears. The guys wore heavy harnesses
and actually carried the front loading washer in. This is the giant
Whirpool model.

I switched to lowes though because with the cost of appliance repairs,
they provide reasonable relief with a 4 year service agreement that starts
after your warranty is over for under $100. Sears charges 3 times that.

Hmmm.....everything comes with a price....hidden somewhere. In your case,
the price might end up being your floor, and depending on your age and how
quicly you heal, your bones.

Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub

Art wrote:
[...]

Next time stay out of the way and let the men do their job.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Carpenter

Art wrote:
[...]

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope nothing more serious than a
bruise on your leg. Just curious, why did they remove the doors from
the fridge?

Anyway I've learned my lesson with Lowe's. Their last (handsomely paid
for ) performance was to deliver and install a water heater, leaving
the tank half full (half empty if you tend to be pessimistic).

I had to bleed air from the faucetts all by myself after the two
experts left. Never again...

Posted to alt.home.repair
Doug Kanter

"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art wrote:
[...]

Strange, but true: My heating contractor turned out to be the best deal for
a water heater, correctly installed, on time, and neatly.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art wrote:
[...]

You got what you paid for.

Lowes has no "experts", but they sure market them as such.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Art

"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art wrote:
[...]

Tight fit thru the door they said but more likely they did not want to carry
the weight.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Carpenter

CBHVAC wrote:
"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art wrote:
[...]

Not really. I paid good bucks for a poor service. Anyway I was lucky
that nobody dropped anything on me or on my floor, as it happened to
the OP

Posted to alt.home.repair
Edwin Pawlowski

"Doug Kanter" wrote in message
Strange, but true: My heating contractor turned out to be the best deal
for a water heater, correctly installed, on time, and neatly.

Not all that strange. If you shop around to the local stores, you find that
Lowes and Home Depot are no big bargain. Year ago the little guy down the
street was more expensive, but with buyer co-ops, they are very competitive
and usually superior in service.

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

CBHVAC wrote:
"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art wrote:
[...]

Yea, really.

You paid for that neat sign that stated that lowes experts would come out
and install your water heater.
Since Lowes has no experts, you got EXACTLY what you paid for.
You paid for marketing.

You can get **** poor service anywhere, but you stand a better chance NOT
getting bad service, with a local reputable company.

Lowes is learning here, that most plumbers will now install the SAME water
heater they sell, INSTALLED, for about the price they sell it for.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Oscar_Lives

"LoL" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:00:43 -0500, "CBHVAC" wrote:

"Carpenter" wrote in message
groups.com...

CBHVAC wrote:
"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art wrote:
[...]

What he got a ho****er heater installed and then
had to get off his ass and turn on the water....

Why do you think he wants to heat hot water? Do you?

Posted to alt.home.repair
Jeff Wisnia

Oscar_Lives wrote:
"LoL" wrote in message

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:00:43 -0500, "CBHVAC" wrote:

"Carpenter" wrote in message
egroups.com...

CBHVAC wrote:

"Carpenter" wrote in message
glegroups.com...

Art wrote:

[...]

To make it hotter of course. G

Seriously guys, don't you think it's about time to stop squirting out
that question every time someone writes "hot" water heater.

Itsa fact of life that's what more people than not call them, the same
as they say ATM "machine" and PIN "number".

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
CBHVAC

"Jeff Wisnia" wrote in message
Oscar_Lives wrote:
"LoL" wrote in message

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 22:00:43 -0500, "CBHVAC" wrote:

"Carpenter" wrote in message
legroups.com...

CBHVAC wrote:

"Carpenter" wrote in message
oglegroups.com...

Art wrote:

[...]

But its still funny...

Itsa fact of life that's what more people than not call them, the same as
they say ATM "machine" and PIN "number".

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)

Posted to alt.home.repair
m Ransley

Bad thumb, ruined floor, bad knee, sounds like free frige and a gift
certificate. Sears brought out a frige, guy ripped new wallpaper, got
****y at me, and quit Sears. Sears gave us the frige free, a double door
top model. Go for it.

Posted to alt.home.repair
Dave

On Tue, 27 Dec 2005 03:57:07 GMT, "Oscar_Lives"
wrote:

[snip]

Why do you think he wants to heat hot water? Do you?

To save on your energy bill. Hot water requires less energy to heat to
the required temperature, than cold water does.
Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Lloyd

On Mon, 26 Dec 2005 23:11:33 -0500, Jeff Wisnia
wrote:

[snip]

Itsa fact of life that's what more people than not call them, the same
as they say ATM "machine" and PIN "number".

NIC card, CD disk, HIV virus.

Happy Holidays,

Jeff

--
Mark Lloyd
http://notstupid.laughingsquid.com

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
Art wrote:
[...]

I talked to some guys from one of the big three who deliver that stuff.
They were subcontractors and they were scheduled to make 15 deliveries
that day! No wonder they work sloppy!
Richard

Dealing with the tenants from hell Ablang Home Ownership 1 August 6th 05 03:11 PM
How much does one tip removal men? MM UK diy 27 November 30th 04 05:38 PM
OT Boyles Law Pete Metalworking 5 November 23rd 04 02:42 PM
'kin ell it's hot Dave Baker UK diy 34 August 10th 03 09:54 PM