Posted to alt.home.repair
Carpenter

Default Refrigerator delivery from hell

CBHVAC wrote:
"Carpenter" wrote in message
oups.com...

Art wrote:
Lowes delivered a refrigerator this morning. First they took the old one
out and put it in the garage. Then they took the doors off the new one
and
brought it in. As they started putting the doors back on my wife
realized
it was the wrong color. (Beige instead of white). We call up Lowes.
Meanwhile the delivery guys have backed away from the refrigerator. As I
talk to the salesman I touch the refrigerator and the door falls off
banging
my thumb and (I discovered an hour later) my leg. My thumb starts
swelling
up and I start treating it with ice. At that point I couldn't figure why
the hardwood floor wasn't damaged (apparently my leg got full force).
Lowes
agrees to special order the right color and tells me to use the new
refrigerator. Meanwhile the guy puts the door back on and starts to
secure
it with the screws and it drops again to the floor and causes one heck of
dent in the middle of the hardwood floor of the kitchen. I note on the
receipt my injured thumb, floor, and wrong color refrigerator and the
guys
take off. I called up Lowes and they are supposed to send out someone to
look at the floor damage tomorrow. Then I discover a giant and growing
bruise on my leg.

What fun.

Sorry to hear about your troubles, hope nothing more serious than a
bruise on your leg. Just curious, why did they remove the doors from
the fridge?

Anyway I've learned my lesson with Lowe's. Their last (handsomely paid
for ) performance was to deliver and install a water heater, leaving
the tank half full (half empty if you tend to be pessimistic).

I had to bleed air from the faucetts all by myself after the two
experts left. Never again...

You got what you paid for.

Not really. I paid good bucks for a poor service. Anyway I was lucky
that nobody dropped anything on me or on my floor, as it happened to
the OP